• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Need To Unroot - Sky Go

Even if you re-flash your stock firmware and you get un-rooted - the OS, in your case JB, still thinks it is modified - to test do two things.

1. Download root checker - this will likely tell you are not rooted
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck

2. Check the device status
Settings > About Device > Status > Device Status (bottom)

If you are NOT rooted, but the device is MODIFIED, you need to factory reset your device

1. In Recovery > Wipe Data/Factory Reset
2. In Recovery > Wipe Cache Partition

This will factory reset Android and you should be unmodified. If you STILL got problems with Sky Go then you need to reset the flash counter. But we get to that once you tried the above.

Upvote 0
Ok. So as suspected, you're not rooted.

As for why sky go thinks you are, I.only have the one theory. As suggested - try uninstall and reinstall it.

The only other suggestion is factory reset.

Weird thing is I was definitely in possession of SU access yesterday as there were apps like Triangle Away which I was told to download which required me to 'grant' access which worked yesterday but doesn't work today.

Sky Go can obviously detect any sign of rooting I think and won't let you on.

Upvote 0
Even if you re-flash your stock firmware and you get un-rooted - the OS, in your case JB, still thinks it is modified - to test do two things.

1. Download root checker - this will likely tell you are not rooted
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck

2. Check the device status
Settings > About Device > Status > Device Status (bottom)

If you are NOT rooted, but the device is MODIFIED, you need to factory reset your device

1. In Recovery > Wipe Data/Factory Reset
2. In Recovery > Wipe Cache Partition

This will factory reset Android and you should be unmodified. If you STILL got problems with Sky Go then you need to reset the flash counter. But we get to that once you tried the above.

Device Status: Normal
Root Checker: "This Device does not have proper root access."

Sky Go: thinks Im bloody rooted!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones