• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Unfortunately the play store has stopped

I really don't believe this. It still doesn't work. Exact same message as before. This is really starting to grind my gears. Is it worth doing a full factory reset outside of philz so it restores it back to factory settings? I would have to re-root and download the latest apk for titanium backup. I've copied the titanium backup folder onto my pc so I could just copy and paste that folder back in to the internal card and restore things that way. I really am baffled as what to do next. Any help is really appreciated. HELP!

Upvote 0
I'd try reflashing your firmware. Firmware can be found here
SamMobile Firmware Page
Theres a guide to flashing here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671969
My internet is so slow, it's still downloading the firmware. At least I'm learning a lot from going through this.
Just out of interest, will this wipe my phone or un-root it and will I have to go through odin3 to install Siyah afterwards?
Sorry about all the questions but least Im picking these things up

Upvote 0
I'll give that a go then. I was thinking about Un-Rooting and then factory resetting in hope that it would resstore everything, including the play store, back to its original and fresh settings but I dont know how that would be any different to the reset I did with philz earlier on.
Ive got my titanium backup copied onto my pc, which i presume i would just need to copy back on to the internal sd card if anything went wrong.
Ive already re-rooted so I may as well try a custom ROM. Any suggestions for a ROM that isnt too complicated?

Upvote 0
I dont quite know what to say but i installed gapps from 4.2 and at the moment, its done the job. Ill report back soon. This is where i got it from and it works great.

GoogleApps 4.2 for Android Jelly Bean ROMs! [GAPPS] | HighOnAndroid.com

Ive just got to do my titanium backup now.

Upvote 0
The problem is solved. The phone is restored with all my apps, I can update again. Big grin on my face, plus, the new Gapps are pretty cool, especially the dome photo mode.

I cant thank you enough SHOTGUN84 for the effort and time you put in to help me resolve this. You've been awesome.

I would now say (still a little bit cautiously) that this matter is resolved.

Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0
Do you have anandroid backup? If you do, make another one then restore the first one. You should now have your contacts back so merge them with Google. Now restore the second nandroid and your contacts should be there.

I managed to load the files onto Dropbox from the kies save data then download them to the external hd.
I've learnt so much in the last 5 days about this phone. It's awesome. I was always an iphone guy and never thought I would change from them but I'm so happy I did. It miles better. I've also changed my 64gb sd card to be my internal memory. It's a lot easier than I expected. So glad I swapped my 4s for it.

Upvote 0
As long as you factory reset through philz recovery/ any custom recovery and not the factory reset from the phones settings, factory reset your internal memory won't be wiped so you would just need to redownload titanium after and then use that to restore your apps.

Actually just in case you still have problems with the play store after the reset open up titanium, press menu, create update zip. This will save a flashable zip of titanium so you can reinstall titanium by flashing it in recovery.

Never thought of that man. Im gona do that with Mybackup and Smart Keyboard (cant type qwerty lol)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones