• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet connectivity/notifications problems after JB upgrade

rs12

Lurker
Jul 10, 2013
Hy everyone.

I've read throug the forums in search of some answers for my prolem, but couldn't find answers, so here goes nothing.

I've just upgraded to JB 2 days ago. I've first flashed the UK firmware- I9100XWLSS-via ODIN. Everything went smoothly: phone seemed to be working just fine, but then i've noticed some problems with it:

A lot of my applications are having problems connecting to internet. For example: whatsapp, facebook, Ymail, Gmail, messenger or radio apps wich are using Internet connections, like tunein radio or digitally imported.

Every message i am sending via whatsapp or messenger takes ages to send and the messages i am receiving in return are not loading. Even though, i have a good signal and i can browse the internet, connect to Play store or facebook during that time.
All this, while using the internet from my SIM card.

Once i connected to a friend's WI-FI the next day, notifications from all these apps, started appearing on my phone, all of them from the previous day...:thinking:

Turned back to SIM internet to check if the problems persists.....and it does.

Same goes for internet radio: tried connecting to tune in radio and it won't connect, even though i have good signal from my service provider on my SIM. WIth WI-FI, no problem.

I've inserted my SIM card into another phone and tried connecting to tune in radio, and it works. So, i don't think the problem lies with the mobile provider/SIM.

I am firmly convinced, there is a problem with the phone or the settings...:thinking:

Has anyone here heard about problems like these?!
Have you guys have any tips for me?!

PS: i want to add that i did a factory reset after the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums rs12 ! :)

I've just upgraded to JB 2 days ago. I've first flashed the UK firmware- I9100XWLSS-via ODIN. Everything went smoothly: phone seemed to be working just fine, but then i've noticed some problems with it:

What firmware was your phone on prior to flashing the UK, (XEU, I guess), firmware?

A lot of my applications are having problems connecting to internet. For example: whatsapp, facebook, Ymail, Gmail, messenger or radio apps wich are using Internet connections, like tunein radio or digitally imported.

Every message i am sending via whatsapp or messenger takes ages to send and the messages i am receiving in return are not loading. Even though, i have a good signal and i can browse the internet, connect to Play store or facebook during that time.
All this, while using the internet from my SIM card.

Once i connected to a friend's WI-FI the next day, notifications from all these apps, started appearing on my phone, all of them from the previous day...:thinking:

The fact that you connection is fine on Wi-Fi but not using your sim card in your phone, would indicate a likely problem with the APN settings after upgrading and you may need to re-enter these from your carrier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones