1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Internet Connectivity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Barum, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Barum

Barum Lurker

I have a samsung Galaxy Ace..... When I am out walking in the countryside, about 1 1/2 miles from my home and no where near any other houses, I can get on line,search on the internet and send and recieved e mail. Yet when I look at wi-fi and internet connections (and search for new connections) it shows that nothing is within my range.......I am PAYG....I have checked my a/c and it cost me nothing to browse on the internet....I could be sat in the middle of a field ! How is this possible ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

It's the Internet Fairy ;-)

Seriously though, if you're not on wi-fi then it is using mobile data whether you see data charges or not. Some PAYG plans include some free data each time you top up (mine does) so you won't necessarily see any usage charges.

I have no experience of the Galaxy Ace but it presumably has some way of viewing data use on the phone itself - my Nexus 4 has this under settings>data usage but yours may differ.

3. Barum

Barum Lurker

Thankyou.......I have just looked up my mobile provider..I do get 25mb a day for 25p
    which is adequate for what I want !!!!! Didnt realize I had this @@???!! thankyou agian

4. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

My pleasure. These little mysteries are what keeps life interesting :)

5. iqra6500

iqra6500 Newbie

Wifi is better from all.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews