• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Interrupted the Factory Reset - Now Only Black Screen

Misfire22

Lurker
Jun 22, 2021
Hey there,

So I've got a Huawei Mediapad T1 8.0. It's pretty old now. But I still think I could use it.

Anyway, I tried to do a factory reset - as the wifi wasn't connecting and was greyed out.

But unfortunately, I stupidly interrupted the factory reset, and turned it off when the green Android repairing icon was displayed. It was a static image, and I thought my tablet froze.

Now when I turn it on, I just get the turn on screen followed by a black screen. But you can still tell that there's a dim black light on, because when I hold the power button it turns completely off.

Also I still see a charging battery icon when I plug it into my laptop.

Is there anything I can do to get it going again? And to finalise my factory reset?

Cheers.

Hey there,

So I've got a Huawei Mediapad T1 8.0. It's pretty old now. But I still think I could use it.

Anyway, I tried to do a factory reset - as the wifi wasn't connecting and was greyed out.

But unfortunately, I stupidly interrupted the factory reset, and turned it off when the green Android repairing icon was displayed. It was a static image, and I thought my tablet froze.

Now when I turn it on, I just get the turn on screen followed by a black screen. But you can still tell that there's a dim black light on, because when I hold the power button it turns completely off.

Also I still see a charging battery icon when I plug it into my laptop.

Is there anything I can do to get it going again? And to finalise my factory reset?

Cheers.
not sure how huwaei does the thier firmware updates. they should have some kind of software on the pc that can flash a firmware update to your phone.

here this might help:
https://huaweiadvices.com/huawei-firmware-finder-download-latest-stock-firmware/

Reactions: Misfire22
Upvote 0
not sure how huwaei does the thier firmware updates. they should have some kind of software on the pc that can flash a firmware update to your phone.

here this might help:
https://huaweiadvices.com/huawei-firmware-finder-download-latest-stock-firmware/

Hey, I meant to send this ages ago. But thank you so much. Your link fixed everything. I needed to download further "flashing" software or something. I got it from like an Eastern European site. But it worked. And fixed everything. I got it going, but YouTube wouldn't update and I couldn't even find Evernote in the Google Play store. Which were my main two apps. But now for some reason, the thing won't even turn ON, nor even charge anymore. But your advice helped and I fixed it for a time. Thank you

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
A factory reset merely deletes data. So go back into recovery mode and reset again, i.e. complete the job. You should be able to access recovery mode by booting while pressing some buttons down: I don't know which buttons for this model, but a web search will provide the answer to that.

Thank you for the help. I got it all sorted out from the first guy that posted a link. Fixed it. But oddly for some reason now my tablet doesn't even turn on or charge anymore

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hey, I meant to send this ages ago. But thank you so much. Your link fixed everything. I needed to download further "flashing" software or something. I got it from like an Eastern European site. But it worked. And fixed everything. I got it going, but YouTube wouldn't update and I couldn't even find Evernote in the Google Play store. Which were my main two apps. But now for some reason, the thing won't even turn ON, nor even charge anymore. But your advice helped and I fixed it for a time. Thank you
hit the like button to show your appreciation. that is how most forums work. glad it all worked out for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones