• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Introduction

Gudday,

I'm a newbie android user, who's just bought an HTC Hero, and is waiting for it to arrive in a few days. Very impressed with it, based on the research I've done so far.

As my nickname suggests, I'm actually a linux man (ubuntu), and have a passion for open-source concepts. Hence the attraction to android as well, since it is quite open-source. Philosophically, I just think this is a better way to go, and I think practically it will mean that in the long term Android will leap ahead of the IPhone (Apple and M$ - bleh...).

Looking forward to the journey.

Gudday,

I'm a newbie android user, who's just bought an HTC Hero, and is waiting for it to arrive in a few days. Very impressed with it, based on the research I've done so far.

As my nickname suggests, I'm actually a linux man (ubuntu), and have a passion for open-source concepts. Hence the attraction to android as well, since it is quite open-source. Philosophically, I just think this is a better way to go, and I think practically it will mean that in the long term Android will leap ahead of the IPhone (Apple and M$ - bleh...).

Looking forward to the journey.
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones