• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IOS type launcher without being an IOS knockoff?

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
Ok, I've used android for a long time. But, one thing I find really annoying is the duplication of icons. You have some on the desktop and then you have the app drawer. I want my phone to work like an iphone (without buying an iphone... I have way too much money invested in Google hardware and devices around the house.)

I want it to work like apple where you don't have an app drawer. All you have is your main screen which you can create folders to organize and everything is there.

I don't like the IOS copies for a launcher because they're trying too hard to just make it look like apple and not enough invested in it to make sure it's functional.

For instance, the one I'm trying, there's advertisements in it everywhere. There's no option to buy the paid version. Icons keep getting moved out of folders without me doing it. Also, it has these annoying swipe left and right screens that I don't want. I just want one screen with everything there.

Does anyone know of a launcher like that?

Reactions: Lost2021
where you don't have an app drawer. All you have is your main screen which you can create folders to organize and everything is there.

Would a work around be OK? Set it so all newly installed apps get sent to the home screen and copy your current apps there. Then remove the app drawer icon from the home screen so it appears you don't have one.

Nova Launcher lets you remove the app drawer icon, lets you create folders, and allows putting new apps on the home screen automatically. It also can limit the home screens to one so there aren't extras on the right or left side.

Upvote 0
Problem with Nova launcher is it doesn't create all the icons on the desktop to start. So, to do this takes a lot of time dragging every single app to the desktop. I know there's a setting I can say going forward create all icons on the desktop. It won't work quite as smooth as I want though. I don't like the way nova launcher adds icons to a folder.

I found a launcher I guess that will work. It's called lawn desk. Wish it sorted alphabetically if I wanted it to...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones