1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

iPhone 3GS faster than Nexus One?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ztmike, Feb 15, 2010.

1. reycat

reycat Newbie
    None

Jan 14, 2010
    Ok, now try actually rendering a web site you don't have cached. :)

I tried using 3G and wifi with several sites (forums, newspapers, gaming sites...) and each and every time the iPhone 3Gs rendered the page first.

I'm talking about an iPhone 3Gs, of course, my old iPhone 3G is much slower than both the 3Gs and the Nexus One.

Advertisement

2. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 27, 2010
    I dunno mate I just did 2 website, notebookreview.com and androidforums.com and both load faster on my Nexus.

I am running leaked update though, maybe that is why the difference? It has a radio update...I did not try this before the update.

3. reycat

reycat Newbie
    None

Jan 14, 2010
    Mmm... are you sure you hadn't already browsed to androidforums.com from your Nexus before? It's important to check sites you don't usually go to :)

I just tried notebookreview.com and it's faster in my wife's 3Gs.

I think's it's because of the rendering engine and not because of the raw downloading speed... maybe because the Nexus has to "think" more to do its word wrapping thing.

4. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 27, 2010
    Never used either site on my phone and actually I have adblock on my Iphone so it didn't have to render the ads either... reminds me to look for something like that on the market!

Also no wordwrap either for me on Nexus with either site both page looks exactly the same except no ads on iphone.

Time for bed,
    Cheers mate!

Tags: