• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iran trying to buy nuclear missile parts

Do not sell them short. Remember, a handful of terrorists came here, learned to fly a plane (but not how to land or take off), took control of some passenger airliners, flew one into WTC #1, and flew another into WTC#2, and flew one into the Pentagon.

There weren't specific defenses against that.

And that's not the whole story. Buildings don't fall into their footprint from damage half way up. The controlled demolition business would be a lot easier if this were the case.

Oh, and if the "cretins" want to get us, there are much easier ways than building and launching a nuke..

Upvote 0
Do not sell them short. Remember, a handful of terrorists came here, learned to fly a plane (but not how to land or take off), took control of some passenger airliners, flew one into WTC #1, and flew another into WTC#2, and flew one into the Pentagon.

Suppose I went to the Pentagon or the CIA and said on such and such a day, terrorists will commandeer several planes, crash into and topple both World Trade Center Towers as well as the Pentagon and the White House.

I would be told that these terrorists I am so fearful of are not smart enough. And no way will they crash into the Pentagon... that is just silly. The Pentagon is secure and protected, yet terrorists got through.

Never make the mistake of thinking these cretins lack the ability to get to us. This is why they cannot be allowed to possess any nuclear devices.

Bob

How many of them was Iranian that learned to fly and flew planes in to buildings?

plus kinda hard to enforce a no fly zone around the white house, capital building, pentagon and so on . Last I checked we have no fighter aircraft on alert status like we did during the old alert days with the B-52 bombers. Plus how do you tell an airliner on approach to DC is actually controlled by terrorists.

Upvote 0
Do not forget the mindset. Terrorists want to die because it is an honor to die. Their goal, in part, is to wipe us of the face of the map. The goal of Hezbollah is to kill every Jew.

So how much do you think they really care about retaliation?

If they get a working atomic bomb, we can't F Word around.

Bob
And look at US citizens that Blow up abortion clinics and die in the process. Or the DC sniper, The Clock tower shooter in texas in the 60's, Heres a great one WACO. So see every country has their crazies and many are religious driven. So are we really so different than those Iranians you call crazy?

Upvote 0
DO you see them going around waging war lately? I see the US waging war or should I say liberating countries countless times. They basically keep to them selves and dont really worry about other countries problems. Where as the US seems they cant keep their nose out of other countries problems. So how sane are we really?

Just because they treat their citizens differently dont make them crazy. The US dont want these countries to have Nuclear weapons. Because if they did have them then we lose our upper hand over them when we dictate policies to them. We dont like to play on an even playing field.

1st, if you think Iran isn't meddling in the affairs of other countries, your very naive. Where do you think Hezbollah and Hamas get those shiny rockets and AK-47s to fire at Israeli cities?

Hamas wages Iran

Reactions: Bob Maxey
Upvote 0
And look at US citizens that Blow up abortion clinics and die in the process. Or the DC sniper, The Clock tower shooter in texas in the 60's, Heres a great one WACO. So see every country has their crazies and many are religious driven. So are we really so different than those Iranians you call crazy?

When is the last time you went to a public hanging in the US? How many gays has the US Government put to death? And I don't remember us ever lashing an underage rape victim to death. I can't remember anyone in the US being buried up to their neck and stoned to death for adultery either.

This idea that all cultures are the same is utterly ridiculous.

Upvote 0
But no we as a nation has nothing in common with Iran that basically does the same thing people taking matters in to their own hands.

Iran hanging gay people in the street, isn't "people taking matters into their own hands." Its a government applied punishment for a crime. The Iranian criminal code sets out the laws and procedures for trying and executing someone for things like adultery.

Its not some nut (who would be arrested and jailed in the US) killing gays, stoning adulters and lashing underage rape victims to death... ITS THE IRANIAN GOVERNMENT. The same guys you think should have control over nuclear weapons?

You must be young, if your that naive about the way other governments treat their people.

Capital punishment in Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
Nobody prevented India and Pakistan obtaining nukes, despite the fact that they're perpetually hovering on the brink of war over Kashmir. Nobody prevented Israel becoming the sole nuclear power in the Middle East, regardless of the fact that this inevitably increased tension in the region. Looked at dispassionately, the entry requirements to the nuclear club seem very arbitrary and illogical. The members are fond of describing their nuclear arsenal as "a deterrent" but that only works if both sides of a dispute have the same capability.

Again dispassionately, I can understand why Iran might want to join the club. Their next-door-neighbour has shown in the past that he's perfectly willing to jump over the fence and strike pre-emptively if he feels it's in his own best interests, with no regard to either neighbourhood or world opinion. That same guy now has the biggest baddest gun available.... wouldn't you feel threatened?

Upvote 0
Nobody prevented India and Pakistan obtaining nukes, despite the fact that they're perpetually hovering on the brink of war over Kashmir. Nobody prevented Israel becoming the sole nuclear power in the Middle East, regardless of the fact that this inevitably increased tension in the region. Looked at dispassionately, the entry requirements to the nuclear club seem very arbitrary and illogical. The members are fond of describing their nuclear arsenal as "a deterrent" but that only works if both sides of a dispute have the same capability.

Again dispassionately, I can understand why Iran might want to join the club. Their next-door-neighbour has shown in the past that he's perfectly willing to jump over the fence and strike pre-emptively if he feels it's in his own best interests, with no regard to either neighbourhood or world opinion. That same guy now has the biggest baddest gun available.... wouldn't you feel threatened?

Well, yeah, dispassionately I understand why Iran wants a nuke, same reason anyone wants a nuke, power.

And dispassionately, I can understand why a drugged out gang member would want an AK-47. That doesn't mean I feel safe with him having one. And that doesn't mean I would sit back and let him get one in the name a fairness.

Again, think of the world as a Gang controlled south side Chicago housing project, and the police don't exist.

You know the bloods and the crips in the apartments next to you would break in, kill your family and take your valuables if they could. So, in that situation, is it not logical, you would want to big guns, while limiting access to big guns for people who threaten you?

And of course the bloods and crips will be thinking the same thing, they want the big guns, and you not to have the big guns, so its easier for them to force their will on you.

Yeah, disspassionatly everything you said makes sense... but I live in a world with consequences. Letting Iran get a nuke in the name of fairness might end up with many of my friends dead... so I'm not going to take a dispassionate view of the situation.

I want a nuke, I want my friends to have nukes, and I don't want bad guys to have nukes... it really is that simple.

Upvote 0
Well, yeah, dispassionately I understand why Iran wants a nuke, same reason anyone wants a nuke, power.

And dispassionately, I can understand why a drugged out gang member would want an AK-47. That doesn't mean I feel safe with him having one. And that doesn't mean I would sit back and let him get one in the name a fairness.

Again, think of the world as a Gang controlled south side Chicago housing project, and the police don't exist.

You know the bloods and the crips in the apartments next to you would break in, kill your family and take your valuables if they could. So, in that situation, is it not logical, you would want to big guns, while limiting access to big guns for people who threaten you?

And of course the bloods and crips will be thinking the same thing, they want the big guns, and you not to have the big guns, so its easier for them to force their will on you.

Yeah, disspassionatly everything you said makes sense... but I live in a world with consequences. Letting Iran get a nuke in the name of fairness might end up with many of my friends dead... so I'm not going to take a dispassionate view of the situation.

I want a nuke, I want my friends to have nukes, and I don't want bad guys to have nukes... it really is that simple.
Again who are we as a nation gives us the right to dictate how another country should run their country or if they should or shouldnt have nukes?

Upvote 0
OK - I looked it up (should have done this in the first place)...

UN Security Council Resolution 1929 .... so it's not just the US that doesn't want Iran to have Nukes (or ballistic missles). I know some people don't like reference to wikipedia, but here's my source - don't dismiss it simply because it's wikipedia - it's simply an easier thing to read than the actual resolution. United Nations Security Council Resolution 1929 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
Again who are we as a nation gives us the right to dictate how another country should run their country or if they should or shouldnt have nukes?

We are a likely target of an Iranian nuke, I think that gives us reason enough.

yes but I would be piss scared next to Israel myself
its the craziest developed democracy on earth
(not that I want Iran to have nukes)

The Jews might be a little wacky, but their not hanging people from cranes.

Isn't that what the UN is for? What is the UN's position on Iran's nuclear weapons program? I'm sure the UN Security Council has passed a bunch of resolutions on the topic.

No one wants to see Iran with a nuke, because everyone knows how crazy they are. The UN has passed resolution after resolution, but besides writing resolutions stating things, the UN is pretty useless, and even the resolutions aren't worth much.

For example, before Qaddafi starting bombing his own people, the UN human rights commission was about to sing the praises of Libyan human rights record.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/06/weekinreview/06libya.html

Upvote 0
Name all the countries that has a nuclear program and the missile system that can reach US soil? Then maybe you can sleep better at night.

I'm not talking about Iran launching an ICBM at the US, that would be suicide. I'm talking about Iran providing a nuke to an Al Quidea or Hamas, or other undesirable elements that want to smuggle it into a major US city.

That, and also Iran would become a much larger strategical head ache in the middle east.

I guess you back the TSA at airports?

I back screening and security at airports yes. But I think the TSA currently implements it in a highly inefficient near pointless way.

Upvote 0

Actually, when was the last time a country invaded Israel, or waged open war with Israel?

It seems that deterrent works pretty darn well, when only one side has the nukes.

Now, do we really believe that if Palestine, or Iran had a nuke, that Israel would still exist?

It only works as a deterrent when the people who DON'T WANT to use it have the nukes... when the people who WANT to use them have the nukes, the whole world goes to pot.

While Israel isn't a saint... they don't exactly go to war without reason.

The people who have to clean up the mess.

Name all the countries that has a nuclear program and the missile system that can reach US soil? Then maybe you can sleep better at night.

Unfortunately more than I'd care for... and Pyongyang isn't far from it.

I guess you back the TSA at airports?

Nope.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones