• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is 2.1 Pinch/Zoom browser for Droid available without root?

In light of the N1 getting it, Google would have some serious explaining to do if MT was left out.

Thats what I was thinking. The phone can obviously handle the feature and the demand for it is high. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't give it to us. I also believe it will be coming soon because of the Nexus One update. But, I'm only guessing, we'll have to cross our fingers and hope for the best!

Upvote 0
the droid...

check out droid-life.com

Hmm... Well isn't native on the Droid, that much I do know. Maybe your looking at a rooted Droid or one running an unofficial ROM. Do a tad bit more research.

EDIT: As of about 1:00 PM EST, Google Maps 3.4.0 became available on the Android Market and does support "mulit-touch" or "pinch to zoom".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones