• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is 500mb enough?

So I've went from a Blackberry to a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant. I know 500mb for a blackberry is way more than enough, but now moving on to android, it's a whole different ball park. I turn on wifi when I'm at home, but not so lucky at work. I just downloaded 3G watchdog app, and when I tried to go on The Province | Latest Breaking News | Business | Sports | Canada Daily News. That main page ate up over 1mb of data. *cries*. I set my facebook refresh at every 3 hours, but I want to know more tips on how to consume less data if possible. More specifically if I should leave Background data and Auto-sync on or off in Accounts and sync settings.

Thanks for the reassurance guys! I just want to update that so far I've used up 15mb of data today with just facebook update every 3 hours, and receiving a couple emails here and there. I've tried my GPS on the bus to test the accuracy and it used up roughly around 7mb within several minutes. The GPS was fairly accurate until it kept going straight when the bus made a left turn. Lol! I'm wondering if anyone knows what Background data do exactly?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones