• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is anyone have problems with problems streaming/slow data?

mogelijk

Android Expert
Jun 8, 2012
I've been having problems with my T-Mobile data where I have issues trying to stream video, in some ways it appears my speeds are being throttled. Reading on different forums, I'm seeing others having the same issue. In essence, my data speeds start fine but, after a few seconds, they slow to a crawl. The best example of this is doing a speed test:

speedtest.jpg

As you can tell from the image, my speedtest starts out fast (typically around 20 Mbps) but then just plummets and never recovers. It isn't always this bad, for example this morning it started well, went about a third of the way, had a hiccup where it quit, then was fast for the remainder of that third, with the last third at very slow speeds again. This seems to happen regardless of the time of day, with 4 or 5 bars of service, and in an area with 10x10 LTE.

I'm wondering if others here have seen this issue and, if so, what type of plan you are on. I've seen some people wondering if this is something being done to users of the $30 plan.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones