• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dodgee N20 sharing internet with pc slow

Ciss4u

Lurker
Jun 22, 2021
Some time ago I broke my phone screen really bad so I decided to buy a new phone. As my budget is limited, my choice was a Dodgee N20 that took its time to arrive.

Since I have unlimited data I use it as my pc connection daily, as its less expensive and faster than any other internet options.
When I used the last phone it worked perfectly fine, I could even stream with no problems at all, downloads were fast, I had great ping while playing games, everything I might ask for a direct connection to a computer, but when I changed to this phone, it started being impossible to do.
I cant play any online games, downloads start at 1.4Mb and slow down to 600Kb~ and don't even mention streaming...

I tried everything I could, activated dev mode and changed settings, restarted my APN's, restarted the phone 300 times, went in recovery mode twice I don't even know why, I'm quite mad with this and I'd like to use my internet again in my computer without worrying on ruining my experience while playing or whatever.

Unlimited data*

*subject to limits

Some time ago I broke my phone screen really bad so I decided to buy a new phone. As my budget is limited, my choice was a Dodgee N20 that took its time to arrive.

Since I have unlimited data I use it as my pc connection daily, as its less expensive and faster than any other internet options.
When I used the last phone it worked perfectly fine, I could even stream with no problems at all, downloads were fast, I had great ping while playing games, everything I might ask for a direct connection to a computer, but when I changed to this phone, it started being impossible to do.
I cant play any online games, downloads start at 1.4Mb and slow down to 600Kb~ and don't even mention streaming...

I tried everything I could, activated dev mode and changed settings, restarted my APN's, restarted the phone 300 times, went in recovery mode twice I don't even know why, I'm quite mad with this and I'd like to use my internet again in my computer without worrying on ruining my experience while playing or whatever.

Sounds like your carrier is restricting your bandwidth. Mobile phone carrier "unlimited" data plans usually impose a fair usage policy, or a maximum data allowance, after which they throttle your bandwidth. Suggests you check the small print on your carrier contract agreement, or contact your carrier customer support directly about it. We have posts about the same issues before on AF.

Upvote 0
I guess it also may be related to the LTE/4G and 3G data frequency bands the phone is capable of receiving, and those of your carrier or network.
It's not a bad phone, despite your Freudian slip if you are in the UK (It's a Doogee N20) but there were better phones even for that money or less. You were possibly suckered by Amazon or other site in a quick search.

Depending on the world region you bought it, you can compare the 4G bands on the phone with those your carrier uses.A quick browse yesterday seemed to show a limited number of bands on that phone, but I may be wrong.

I only use my phone, and a Mifi dongle with a sim card, to have home wifi. You say it's been OK previously for you, and where I am in the UK most unlimited data plans allow unlimited tethering as well.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones