• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is cyanogenmod 7 possible on Micromax A75?

Ahem Ahem! Am I still allowed to say something???

Well, who cares! I'm still gonna say it... :p

A100 is not based on MT6575!!! It's a Qualcomm MSM Series Processor ARMv7 revision 2.

DO NOT GROW BRAINS AND TRY PORTING THAT TO A75. Your device's processors would fry up an egg.

Regarding CM7 for Micromax A75, I've tried it and also told my review. Booted, Launcher FC and kabooom!! Brick!!

Even after brick the processor kept getting hotter and hotter until I removed battery....

So I guess, you should not try taking a chance. Choice is all yours....

Regards Everyone
Aayush Dutta
(adpdever)
How u ported cyanogen mod ? any tutorial followed ? how it booted ? did u compiled boot.img from cyanogen mod resources for booting ?

Upvote 0
@aayushdutta
WTH....A75 bricks when cyanogenmod is ported?? Well aayush....so did JETROM! ;) A lot of us had our phones bricked by that Rom,including mine...but still we went forward and now its a classic Rom. :p

So.....i dont think Cyanogenmod is to be feared just cuz it bricked 1 phone. Plus it was the very 1st try yaar....not every phone is faulty. :D

I am sure we can make it work. :)

P.S: if you have already tried it out....can you please upload the sync data and the other files that you got from porting the cyanogenmod? It will give us a better footing for this porting to start :)
i think phones never hard brick unless playing with kernels ...... otherwise its safe to install any rom on it which might soft-brick ur device ....

Upvote 0
@aayushdutta
WTH....A75 bricks when cyanogenmod is ported?? Well aayush....so did JETROM! ;) A lot of us had our phones bricked by that Rom,including mine...but still we went forward and now its a classic Rom. :p

So.....i dont think Cyanogenmod is to be feared just cuz it bricked 1 phone. Plus it was the very 1st try yaar....not every phone is faulty. :D

I am sure we can make it work. :)

P.S: if you have already tried it out....can you please upload the sync data and the other files that you got from porting the cyanogenmod? It will give us a better footing for this porting to start :)

lol

jetmod never killed our phone

its gionee scatter which killed our phone

and that too can be easily recovered using format+download

Upvote 0
Hi Friend My ROM LegoIce Is the Base Rom of HK Phone Revo 2.3.6 this Phone can upgrade in to ICS 4.0.4
Procedure here ---

Have you read the directions carefully because there will be one bit different than the other versions.

HKPhone version Revo ICS 4.0.3 - This version is not official, the general opinion of you to correct the error before the commercial version.
- Full ICS features: GPS Positioning, Features
- You do not error in DC google play, manage applications, select CH Play, delete cache data before deleting. Then go to google services framework (google service framework) deletion. Then open CH Play condemn agree, the network error will appear, restart the computer is DC
- Sticky follow exactly the instructions to avoid losing IMEI. To be sure, you can back up files Imei. Use Root Explorer to the folder Data \ NVRAM \ md \ NVRAM , copy NVD_IMEI file saved to the memory card and copy it to the computer store.

Requesting your computer if you use WinXP to install Net Framework 3.5: Download
- Download rom 4.0.3 HKPhone Revo and the Driver : Fshare - Mediafire Part I / Part II
Use the following tools to transplant link Mediafire 001-002: https://www.box.com/s/5a603dbf837472361ef4

First: Turn off the power supply device, remove the battery. Step 1: Connect the phone to power off the computer, the computer will appear picker phone Driver, you use Driver in the directory Driver - USB VCOM Driver (binary) to install. If the tablet does not appear to select the driver you go to My Computer \ Device Manager \ Find the Preloader MT65XX installing driver manually. After installing drivers, then you remove the phone cable. Step 2: Open Flash_tool.exe in the Flash folder . Following interface Step 3: Click Scatter_Loading and select MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt extract the ROM file directory
7GlWp.jpg

j3RLE.jpg

Step 4: Click on the letter Firmware -> Upgrade above, then plug the cable into phone (still remove the battery). Step 5: Now you will be asked to find more Driver 1 again, go to My Computer \ Device Manager \ Find the deficit Driver to install, Select Drivers in Folder驱动(Or two squares if you have not installed fonts China) after this step Step 4 . If the driver is installed, the computer will automatically flash when press the letter Firmware -> Upgrade , about 5-10 minutes to run. In the absence of see flash running or error, they must see the driver. When completed, the Flash Tool will appear blue circle. Step 6: When your computer, you have to format the SD card in the SD card to the machine offline. Could you go back to the 2.3.6 version instructions here: H 3D1 How to convert external SD SD 1 for version 4.0.3 Method 1: use patch through Recovery: patched 4.0.3 vold.fstab.zip Method 2: Download this file: vold.fstab_SD2-4.0.3 Using Root Explorer copy vold.fstab_SD2-4.0.3 System / etc , rename vold.fstab file into vold.fstab_old and rename file vold.fstab_SD2-4.0.3 into vold.fstab, hold 1 time in vold.fstab and select permissions rw-r--r-- , check the first box of the first 3 lines the first column and the first cell of the first row 2nd column-like following . Reboot

This based on mtk6575 scattered file for upgradation..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi Friend My ROM LegoIce Is the Base Rom of HK Phone Revo 2.3.6 this Phone can upgrade in to ICS 4.0.4
Procedure here ---

Have you read the directions carefully because there will be one bit different than the other versions.

This based on mtk6575 scattered file for upgradation..

Buddy can you provide the link for the same so that we can go through the original link and follow the steps from there.

Upvote 0
lol

jetmod never killed our phone

its gionee scatter which killed our phone

and that too can be easily recovered using format+download

lol....yup. I still remember when all the development was stopped.
I think odexing was the culprit everyone Thought of at that time. ;) Cuz unbricking wasnt discovered at that time :p
Now we joke about "format+download" :p

Btw gionee scatter didnt kill the phone directly. Mixing it up with different roms did :D....i think

P.S. Correct me if i am wrong guys :)

But...all in all.....brick is not a reason to completely stop porting :p

Upvote 0

To try this do i need to be on your lego ICE or it can be done on any ROM cos this is an upgrade to revo 2.3.6 and that too may be do i need to be on original revo 2.3.6 and also one more thing did you tried???

Any other Dev tried it or trying it???

Please confirm and advise.

Upvote 0
To try this do i need to be on your lego ICE or it can be done on any ROM cos this is an upgrade to revo 2.3.6 and that too may be do i need to be on original revo 2.3.6 and also one more thing did you tried???

Any other Dev tried it or trying it???

Please confirm and advise.

i have no tried because i m out of station so i will try on Friday.

original revo 2.3.6 on this forum check forum

Upvote 0

i have no tried because i m out of station so i will try on Friday.

original revo 2.3.6 on this forum check forum

Which forum??? On android Forum or in Forum of whose direct link you provided??? As i have downloaded all the things mention in your post and now just need to execute them but need advise so that my phone wont get hard brick by trying so any advise or suggestion by any senoir member or devs who had gone through the post of sagar and the direct link provide please post your advices and suggestions.

Upvote 0
Which forum??? On android Forum or in Forum of whose direct link you provided??? As i have downloaded all the things mention in your post and now just need to execute them but need advise so that my phone wont get hard brick by trying so any advise or suggestion by any senoir member or devs who had gone through the post of sagar and the direct link provide please post your advices and suggestions.

here the forum link---

HK PHONE

My Advice -
--Use default MMx Boot.img
--Do not use Mtk 6575 scattered file i think may cause brick
--Must be save Iemi File for restoring
--If not boot up or white screen pull out battery do not use again
--and restore previous rom via cwm recovery

:eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: Marriya Salvia
Upvote 0
lol....yup. I still remember when all the development was stopped.
I think odexing was the culprit everyone Thought of at that time. ;) Cuz unbricking wasnt discovered at that time :p
Now we joke about "format+download" :p

Btw gionee scatter didnt kill the phone directly. Mixing it up with different roms did :D....i think

P.S. Correct me if i am wrong guys :)

But...all in all.....brick is not a reason to completely stop porting :p

nope

scatter file is the culprit

I have bricked my device many times by using different scatter files ranging from lenovo spice hd7 etc

if u flash wrong recovery + scatter

ur partition will get corruped

Upvote 0
here the forum link---

HK PHONE

My Advice -
--Use default MMx Boot.img
--Do not use Mtk 6575 scattered file i think may cause brick
--Must be save Iemi File for restoring
--If not boot up or white screen pull out battery do not use again
--and restore previous rom via cwm recovery

:eek::eek::eek:

nope

scatter file is the culprit

I have bricked my device many times by using different scatter files ranging from lenovo spice hd7 etc

if u flash wrong recovery + scatter

ur partition will get corruped

Tried everything but nothing is flashed as if the SP Flash tool says that select all the images to be flashed have restarted the PC installed drivers and tried it many times but same nothing flashed or upgraded got both the files have joined them by the tool provided then extracted the folder and then tried to flash but still cant as if the Flash tool was not at all doing anything.

Upvote 0
Tried everything but nothing is flashed as if the SP Flash tool says that select all the images to be flashed have restarted the PC installed drivers and tried it many times but same nothing flashed or upgraded got both the files have joined them by the tool provided then extracted the folder and then tried to flash but still cant as if the Flash tool was not at all doing anything.

pls provide the link I will make flashable zip and try to flash it via cwm

one more thing b
hk phone revolution runs on cortex a9

Upvote 0
pls provide the link I will make flashable zip and try to flash it via cwm

one more thing b
hk phone revolution runs on cortex a9

The link is in d post of sagar where he provided d procedure download all d files from there n haan to flash this i also flashed Lego ICE n tried to upgrade on it but still same. The only thing what i dint tried is first flashing d original Revo ROM n trying to upgrade it to ICS by this method so u can try that as i dint got which is d original Revo ROM so check d links n download it n then try to upgrade it.

Upvote 0
do one thing download unyaffs.exe

extract system.img

replace all the files from system folder in lego ics with this one

repack meta.inf and system

flash it via cwm

use lego ics build.prop

Buddy there is no system img in those files may be because those are only firmware upgrade files but its around 1GB in total what i got after i joined both the part 1 and part 2 and extrected.

Upvote 0
then can u tell me what r the files inside that package

Just now checked the whole package n found that there is a system img so once agian tried to load it in SP Flash tool n read the error msg it says fail to load ROM cos on low memory on PC so i moved d folder to 20GB empty drive n then again tried to load it but same error msg then I tried to extract system img by yaffs2 but got error stating incomplete system img I dont know whats d problem but I tried every possible way so now please u Sagar and other members please try on this n see if it works as if we will have ICS truly if it worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones