• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Facebook Evil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I neither have a Note 3 or use the official Facebook app, but I know that any app using log-in credentials requires the "Discover accounts" permission.

I think it's highly unlikely that the Facebook app itself is responsible; it's much more likely to be a flaw in Knox, in which case Samsung should be alerted asap.

Do you have a contact for them?

Upvote 0
You have to keep liking your lover's every post. You have to befriend everyone you know and even those you don't. You have to keep your profile active and your numbers up.

lolfail!!!

No, you really don't. Unless you're either (a) socially and emotionally stunted or (b) an academic trying to attract funding for your next pointless research project.

Real people don't give a toss.

Upvote 0
I wrote a whole huge post then realised it sounded a bit whiny, so deleted it.

I agree with you. However, I am this close to just giving it all up and deleting my facebook account in its entirety and living with the consequences.
I haven't looked into it but do they make it difficult to delete your account? Does your Credit Card info still stay?
I never used my Credit Card there, but I would like to delete my stuff there.

I don't like the fact that someone can glean info from your posts and use it against you... example was three years ago, I someone got enough info about me, so they contacted several of my friends who were also on facebook that I got robbed while on vacation in Rome and needed money to get home. They supplied an account to send money. Several FB friends were going to help, but what saved me (and them) was someone on FB knew I wasn't over there and posted it. I quit FB for a couple years after that and the only reason I'm on there now is because friends and family members I grew up with are all on facebook with daily events.

So yes, Facebook can be evil.

Upvote 0
Yes the young kids are wild on the book . they use the book to catch your attention and they no that you are giving your undivided attention. Cause we Dont want to be called out our name or have our card pulled in public nor on a computer. I remember the words MEET ME ON THE PLAYGROUND AT 230. NOW its see you at the crossroads or aka funeral . so sad .

Upvote 0
Yes the young kids are wild on the book . they use the book to catch your attention and they no that you are giving your undivided attention. Cause we Dont want to be called out our name or have our card pulled in public nor on a computer. I remember the words MEET ME ON THE PLAYGROUND AT 230. NOW its see you at the crossroads or aka funeral . so sad .

Absolutely right! My wifes younger sister who is 19 going on 12 who lives with us, is on facebook all the time and I mean all the time, night and day. She got mad at me when she got her first licence to drive last year she posted her brand new licence on facebook for all to see... address and all. We grounded her for a week, took away her phone and computer. Lectured her on what and what NOT to do on facebook.

Upvote 0
Evil or not, I dropped FB 2 weeks ago, gave all the people I care about my email and, wait for it, my phone number. ;) I missed FB for the first day, haven't had a relapse yet. For photo sharing with relatives and friends I have a private site which you must know the exact URL and a password. My own social media without Farmville requests!

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
Absolutely right! My wifes younger sister who is 19 going on 12 who lives with us, is on facebook all the time and I mean all the time, night and day. She got mad at me when she got her first licence to drive last year she posted her brand new licence on facebook for all to see... address and all. We grounded her for a week, took away her phone and computer. Lectured her on what and what NOT to do on facebook.

Wow address in all she need to learn how to use photo shop or paint to edit .w:eek:w that would have made me MAD. my sister thinks its cute to see her kids on Facebook all hours of the night till the police was knocking at her door . guess who went from cute to very ugly :eek:you guessed my sister had me over in the mid hours of the morning asking me how can I block them from using the WiFi the state police didn't know that feature existed .

Upvote 0
Thats not sucky. Lol. Its a blessing. I got rid of thier app and my phone runs so much better. Facebook is total hypocrisy. It has from the beginning advertised itself as a social app. Yes, it does that. But, if we could strap mark to a chair. Give him some truth serum. Then we could get him to admit that its all about money. I know, we already know that...but I would like to hear him say it..

Upvote 0
Evil or not, (hint...evil :p ), don't post and drive.:rolleyes:

Woman Killed in Car Crash Moments After ‘Happy’ Facebook Post | KTLA 5

A woman who died in a car crash updated her Facebook status just
moments before her car crossed the median and crashed head-on into a
truck in North Carolina, investigators said, according to Tribune-affiliate
WGHP.
Courtney Ann Sanford,
32, was killed in the
crash Thursday
morning on Business
Interstate 85 freeway
in High Point,
according to a High
Point Police
Department police
report.
Sanford “became
distracted by using a
smartphone for
Internet access just
prior to losing control of her vehicle,” the police report stated.
A Facebook post dated a minute before the crash read, “The happy song
makes me HAPPY,” WGHP reported.
Investigators believe the woman was also posting selfies while she was
driving, according to the station.
The driver of the other vehicle involved in the crash said he saw the vehicle
cross the median, but was unable to avoid the collision, the police report
said.
He was not injured in the crash, according to WGHP.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
As I type this, I'm watching a movie called:
The Social Network

It is the story of about the kid at Harvard who started up Facebook.

It exactly what facebook is, a social "gossip" center.
And why crooks like to watch and glean info from it... lots of dumb folks like my sister in law who posts all kinds of info on there (such a pic of her licence, address and all) no matter how much my wife and I lecture her not too. Because of her, I keep a loaded shotgun and auto pistol within reach at all times. Also have very tight security around and in my home. I'm seriously thinking of kicking her out and let her go live with her "facebook" friends and let her learn about "life" the hard way.

Upvote 0
I groom everything that I post on FB or G+.

So I'm absolutely not worried about them. And as a fat dude, I'm not too worried about people stalking me for romantic/sexual purposes.

If FB wants to take what I post or like and use it to design their ads that my adblocker hides, that's their prerogative. I don't feel violated at all. My address, phone #, SSN, and bank info are the only pieces of truly sensitive information I possess...none of which ever get typed into the internet(except in appropriate web forms).

Upvote 0
Facebook is too popular with the young women, (like my sister-in-law) so it will never go away.

Bottom line:
It's the same old story over and over--if you don't want your information available to the public, DON'T POST IT ON THE INTERNET!

As I type this, I'm watching a movie called:
The Social Network

It is the story of about the kid at Harvard who started up Facebook.

It exactly what facebook is, a social "gossip" center.
And why crooks like to watch and glean info from it... lots of dumb folks like my sister in law who posts all kinds of info on there (such a pic of her licence, address and all) no matter how much my wife and I lecture her not too.

Perfect example of what you said...

http://www.weknowwhatyouredoing.com/

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones