• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is google cheating us or did samsung cheat google or will google cheat samsung in near future!

Braxos

Sep 30, 2011
Germany
I was checking the different posts about the phone, at work ofc. And as I see lots of people have there consern about Nexus "pride" and his spec as they where waiting, as allways they are, much better components on it, as it is the upcomming phone of googles nexus series. As they where waiting for a "leet"ing technology they got dissapointed, from the mother of the operating system witch did cooperate with samsunb as they did on her last phone.

Lets see the lacks of the phone as they have stated from the awaiting buyers on the forum.
Lack of a microsd card slot some say they did it because internal memmory is enought, other say they wanted to increase battery life. The lets say the low MP having the camera, "off camera I dont know". Alot of people saying 5MP camera is very good if the lens is good see i(omg I didnt say that)Phones camera, even it has 5MP it shoots awsome picks for a phone, lets not forget they are eventualy phones.
The other issue is the "new"-"old"-"underclocked"-"overclocked" SoC. The cpu is a 4460 with a 540 gpu at 1,2Ghz. A new undercloacked cpu chip with a overcloaked gpu old one, cba to waste time for this thema as I am writing this from a samsung ace, and if I am not mistaken the NEXUS S HAD THE SAME GPU?!?!?!?!?!
They made a HD screen at 1280*720 wich works operates at 1196*720 at the most time normal view. And they didnt implent a HDMI output. But they offer a usb converter to HDMI for the right price ofc.
And at end a imba gosu overpowered 1750 mAh battery where there was rumors for 1850 a 2050 mAh. But if it lasts long with the improvements aka removed peaces it is ok.

Now my thought about those lacks. No sd slot, see google who has a new online back up system on the move even it will be free they will get advertisment cash for the hits on the login page. The camera why they didnt put the imba gosu overpowered flex omb lens on a 8MP camera?? Incompability issues??? Or for better battery live?? Or it would be thicker?? I guess they didnt want to increase the matterial price. Better profit!!!! it worked on omg iphone 4. The cpu omg that thema they UNDERCLOCKED a cpu, heating problemms or battery problemms. And at end they implent a old bpu chip on it and they overcloacked it so it can perform a bit better. Both can be solved I guess if u invest some cash if you are not a profit "whore".

End at end the battery where lets say they removed a sd slot undercloacked the cpu they used pentile technology on display. And they used a 1750mAh one. No space for it no cash no rip off. Oh wait they didnt have the cash to buy a 2000mAh from ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So do they scr.. us or at least they want to do it on the buyers of ICS phone. Ripping hard earned cash for last christmass sh..?? because they know people will buy it saying it has ICS? Buy a better phone with gingerbread and upgrade some day on ICS. You can do that. Or buy nexus and whine at 6months period about it.
Or did samsung play games and sold crap phone specs to google, because of the agrement they had and the timeline of there own phone on the same quartal.

Or do google wants to fail with this spec of phone so she can break the agreement with samsung and her ass and ICS to moto when the deal is made and all the blame about the phone goes to samsung!! So she has a clean suite with a tested ICS. And a competitor with a bad taste of a failure to the world.

Just my thought about google screwing ppl with ICS phone and riping them advertising themselfs via nexus. As they say on a trilogy allways the next is worse then the past, film, phone or girl!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Let the flame start.

Expecting mutes, bans, post removes joking ofc every thought is welcomed

P.S sorry about my bad english/grammar. Posting as I said from a galaxy ace no google translator or dictionary to use fast, waiting to buy Nexus or Note or S2 or S2 HD.

Have a nice evening from a Greek who lives in Germany.

i really didnt read all of this because im also at work, and its kinda long, your grammar is fine, a few hitches here and there but no worries.

i dont think google is cheating anyone,
or samsung cheating anyone

they choose the specs of the phone for a reason
the processor actually supports the screens full hd capability, which makes the display so vibrant and crisp, i want to say that was in the video, but i may be wrong.

but you must realize they choose the contents of the phone for a reason, i for one believe in googles movement process with this phone, i dont care if it is the same as all the other phones, because if you play the waiting game, you will be playing it for years, only because something better is always in the rumor mill and on the scales, so be mindful of that.

Reactions: B2L
Upvote 0
Look I am paying for an item and I am expecting to get what I pay and what I want. I will buy the nexus if it comes near the market price of the s2 not the samsung store one meaning 439euros not 649euros. You buy the phone and you can upgrade OS if it comes you dont buy OS and you will stay with old hardware. Atm I would say my favorite phone order is S2 HD > Note > S2 > nexus. I never wanted to get the new OS from start to much disapointment and at end it may not worth it. After all we say in greece: if you hear for a place with many beares get a small basket.

Upvote 0
i really didnt read all of this because im also at work, and its kinda long, your grammar is fine, a few hitches here and there but no worries.

i dont think google is cheating anyone,
or samsung cheating anyone

they choose the specs of the phone for a reason
the processor actually supports the screens full hd capability, which makes the display so vibrant and crisp, i want to say that was in the video, but i may be wrong.

but you must realize they choose the contents of the phone for a reason, i for one believe in googles movement process with this phone, i dont care if it is the same as all the other phones, because if you play the waiting game, you will be playing it for years, only because something better is always in the rumor mill and on the scales, so be mindful of that.

I'm going to have to completely agree with you. Google chooses hardware and software that will work the best together. Take a look at the Nexus S, it wasn't the best device hardware wise. But, it can still compete with phones that have dual core processors and much better specs overall.

Sometimes specs aren't everything.

Upvote 0

First I havent say that the cpu is, how you called?, inferior to gs2, plx read carefully, or I made a mistake not sure hehehe. I said a new cpu witch is underclocked. and as you know YOU CAN NOT COMPARE/BENCHMARK 2 different items, first the dont use both the same OS and second if you can tell me if the apps are acurate on the new OS ICS.

Upvote 0
First I havent say that the cpu is, how you called?, inferior to gs2, plx read carefully, or I made a mistake not sure hehehe. I said a new cpu witch is underclocked. and as you know YOU CAN NOT COMPARE/BENCHMARK 2 different items, first the dont use both the same OS and second if you can tell me if the apps are acurate on the new OS ICS.

I read your posts. You said in your second post that your favorite is in the order of HD SGS2 > Note > S2 > Nexus. Isn't that what you perceive them in the order of superiority? I don't agree to that. Comparing phones on different OS is surely valid as phone is combined entity of hardware/OS/softwares to the end user. OS is definitely big part of smart-phone.

And what makes you think 1.2Ghz OMAP 4460 is underclocked? That's the normal clock speed that 4460 is supposed to be running at, not over or under-clocked. Galaxy Nexus is the first phone using 4460 and it's no slouch at all though it's not ground breaking like SGSII debut with Exynos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones