• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it possible to change/remove the white verizon boot screen on Samsung Galaxy S7 6.0.1 [root]

I want to get rid of that bright white Verizon boot screen. Is it possible?

snap_2018-07-08_13.05.42_1384.png

Verizon version Samsung Galaxy S7, from what I've read I think there's no chance of rooting it.
Hmm, if that is the S7, there just may be a way depending on his Android version:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/tm...eres-how-rooted-nougat-s7-edge-g935t-t3567502

Also, I missed it, but the thread title says "root" at the end, so my bad. I can only assume he is rooted, unless he is also inquiring to do so :(

Edit: also, I would think that is the splash screen you see right before the bootanimatiion ?

Upvote 0
Sorry guys. I should have provided more details. Also thanks for the quick responses! I've posted for help about this and other things on the XDA forums and most of my posts go completely ignored, so I truly appreciate the acknowledgement!

Yes, my device is rooted and has the Xposed framework. The device is an SM-G930v running Android 6.0.1 (MM).

I found a video on youtube showing the normal bootup sequence for this device in case you want to see it in action:
(first 20 seconds, and this isn't my video or phone, but you get the idea)

It's that bright white background that I really want to get rid of. It's particularly obnoxious when I'm in a dark room, and even worse, if I'm driving at night and the phone is mounted on the dash and i need to reboot it for some reason and inevitably forget what's about to happen and then I suddenly get a bright white light in my face. Additionally, if I'm away from a charging source and need to reboot, I feel like that bright white screen, even if only on for a short while, is still several seconds of extra battery drain.

Also it's just ugly.

Clearly something is loading during that time. I think the "official" boot animation for the device is the "SAMSUNG" logo right before it, especially seeing as other carriers won't have the Verizon screen... but at any rate, there must be some way to remove/change it... i hope.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Actually, I don't. To be honest, I'm not sure what TWRP is. I see it mentioned a lot, though. Do you think I would need something like that to modify that verizon boot screen?
Looking into changing bootanimation further, you may not need TWRP. Having TWRP would allow you to make a full backup of your device in the case something goes wonky. Is your bootloader unlocked? If not, I'm not sure you can install TWRP.
What root method did you use?

There may be a way to remove the boot animation via a file explorer such as Root Explorer. I believe the file is located in /system/media, then scroll to the bootanimation file. Rename the file with a .bak extension, reboot and the bootanimation will not appear. I'll have to get specific instructions for that later as I'm about to start work :)

Upvote 0
Success!

So, I did some more poking around and stumbled upon the following thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/help/s7-g930v-verizon-remove-verizon-boot-t3484273

Someone there suggested the following app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.at&hl=en_US

I bought and installed the app and use it to change my boot animation to this (one of the toolbox's built-in replacements):
SkeletalSoupyBluefintuna-size_restricted.gif

I was a bit nervous that it might mess things up. The app even says that there's a chance of soft-bricking the device... but IT WORKED! This colorful little animation so much better than the bright white verizon logo screen! I am very happy with this result!

Also, 3C Toolbox has plenty of other things to tinker with, which is a nice plus.

Anyway, even though I eventually got this figured out on my own, I greatly appreciate all of the help from you guys!! You're the best!

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones