• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is it possible to change the stock message app?

ashleyxo

Lurker
Jun 11, 2013
Is it possible to change the system stock messaging app? I use chompSMS and GoLauncher and I currently have my phone theme as the Galaxy s4. I'm really tired of using chompSMS, as it adds on to the list of apps that kill my battery. So I was wondering if I could replace the stock messaging app for the LG Optimus Elite with the stock messaging app for the Galaxy S4.
Thanks,
Ashley. :)

Is it possible to change the system stock messaging app? I use chompSMS and GoLauncher and I currently have my phone theme as the Galaxy s4. I'm really tired of using chompSMS, as it adds on to the list of apps that kill my battery. So I was wondering if I could replace the stock messaging app for the LG Optimus Elite with the stock messaging app for the Galaxy S4.
Thanks,
Ashley. :)

Hi Ashley,

The S4 MMS will not work due to API(JB) & DPI incompatibility. You can Google "TouchWhiz themed MMS for gingerbread 2.3.7 devices" or "Themed MMS for mdpi 2.3.7" and you'll find something. Be sure to back up your original:)

Reactions: jamoosh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones