• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it time to Hard Reset my Incredible?

armoredsaint

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2010
Ohio
I've had this since launch, it's been great about 90% of the time which is not bad. But lately, even with soft reset or a battery pull - I would get inconsistent ring volume or SMS/MMS notification. The speaker phone doesn't always work correctly unless I soft reset it. Battery drains overnight to dead phone when I wake up. Plus other weird stuff I can't remember it does.

So with a hard reset, I assume I lose all my email settings, apps, bluetooth settings etc? Is there a way to save them automatically like my old Crapberry Tour where I just re-sync and all settings went back to my preferences?

Anyways, hard reset is volume button down and power at the same time???

:(

mine got out of control after putting like 30 apps on it in the first week i had it .one of them wouldnt let my phone sleep .i did a factory reset and was a little more carefull with what i loaded in and it works fine .also got the seidio 1750 battery and now i have no complaints .got all my apps from app brain and restored most apps .also your paid apps will be stored in downloads in the market app .you have to set up your mail again and gmail backs your contacts .big thing with the battery drain is apps that wont let your phone sleep .you have to have one stopping your phone from sleeping if it drains that bad overnight .check your up time and compare it to your awake time .if they match there is something stopping your phone from sleeping . flickr wound up being my problem .

Reactions: armoredsaint
Upvote 0
I've been thinking of doing a reset. If it starts raining again today I might as well. I haven't gone too crazy with the app installs but I definitely have gotten over the "new phone must play" phase... So time to start fresh and install only the stuff I know I need.

One thing I also want to do is eliminate my SDCard because I barely use the onboard 8gb. I guess I need to figure out if I can make any apps that would normally touch the SD card find the local 8gb? (Astro, mms backup)

Upvote 0
Just curious, did you get the free 2GB card?
If so why not just leave it in phone?
That way you dont need to worry about apps needing SD card, as some apps do need card to function.

I did, but I haven't opened it. I had an older 4gb card in the phone but I think it may be failing. I also think the internal 8gb memory seems a lot faster reading/writing so If I never use more than 8gb, it would be nice to just eliminate the xtra hardware...

Upvote 0
It will re activate itself automatically. There is a sweet setup wizard.

All phone numbers will be lost. If you sync with google, they will be back FAST once you give the phone your credentials.

personalization, probably lost.

SMS/MMS, use a free tool from the marketplace to backup to your SD card.

Use appbrain to keep track of your apps, so if you reset, you can get them all back in a jiffy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones