• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it Vista My Hero or Both!?

Chaastring

Jan 23, 2010
okay so I go to plug my phone into my computer and mount it and then I get a message on my computer asking do I want to scan the driver, When I click yes it does nothing, and then When I go to my computer to click my Hero Vista wont let me it says please insert a disk. If I click Continue without scanning I am able to get into the Hero. Whats going on here?

I believe Vista is asking if you want it to scan for a driver.

There's a folder on the SD card which came in the Hero named HTC Sync and in that folder is a file called HTCSync.exe. Copy that file to your desktop or somewhere you can find it and run it. That will install the HTCSync app and your computer should quit asking you if you want to scan for a driver. You can delete the HTCSync.exe file from your computer once the program has been installed and you'll still have the choice whether to use HTC Sync or just mount the drive when you connect the Hero to your computer.

Pete

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones