• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is Motorola kidding me with this Call Volume?

Man do I agree 1000%...

Not that you should have to do this on a phone that costs this much and took so long to release but....... If you really like it then go into the settings and find the hearing aide mode. That will boost the volume, just a suggestion. Hope it helps

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0
Is there a relationship between having your phone in a case and low volume? I don't have a Bionic to test this out, but in the store when I played with their demo there was a sticker on the back pointing at where I assume the ambient noise microphone is. Are the low volume people having that mic covered with a case and making the phone think they are in a really quiet room?

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but this phone is plenty loud. I had to turn it down because it was hurting my ear. If you don't think it is loud enough, you either have a bad phone, bad hearing, or aren't holding the speaker next to your ear correctly (I had to re-adjust where I held it when I first got the Droid X).

Upvote 0
I'm going to have to disagree about the call volume being too low. I just got my phone and I was worried after I read this thread, so I called like 5 pepole to test it out. Had my TV on and music on my laptop and I had to turn down the voume a bit on my phone because I felt it was too loud still...

tl;dr: Call volume is just FINE, stop freaking out.

PS: my HAC was off.

Upvote 0
This issue is driving me crazy! It is the ONLY Problem I have with the phone. I can barely hear people with the sound all the way up. I have tried it with the case on and off and have tried the hearing aid checkbox. Nothing has helped. I checked the market to see if there was a volume boost, but there is none.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I DON'T want to return my phone!

Scott

Upvote 0
This issue is driving me crazy! It is the ONLY Problem I have with the phone. I can barely hear people with the sound all the way up. I have tried it with the case on and off and have tried the hearing aid checkbox. Nothing has helped. I checked the market to see if there was a volume boost, but there is none.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I DON'T want to return my phone!

Scott

Exchange it ...some people are reporting great call volume....some sadly aren't ...like us. Im going to do an exchange next week as well..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones