• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is my 1.2 ghz overclock really running at 1.2?

Haywire

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2009
Hey guys, I just overclocked to 1.2 on cynagoen 5.062, I have overclock widget installed on my phone. Whenever I check it, the widget shows the phone is at 550, unless I manually move the slider to 1200. Does this mean my phone's not really running at 1.2, or am I misunderstanding how the overclock process works? Also, is there a way to do some sort of speed test? (I don't have set cpu and I can't buy apps at the moment)

I do know when i move my slider to 1200 the web seems a lot faster, but whether thats real or placebo is beyond me..

Thanks for the insight in this matter.

Hey guys, I just overclocked to 1.2 on cynagoen 5.062, I have overclock widget installed on my phone. Whenever I check it, the widget shows the phone is at 550, unless I manually move the slider to 1200. Does this mean my phone's not really running at 1.2, or am I misunderstanding how the overclock process works? Also, is there a way to do some sort of speed test? (I don't have set cpu and I can't buy apps at the moment)

I do know when i move my slider to 1200 the web seems a lot faster, but whether thats real or placebo is beyond me..

Thanks for the insight in this matter.

The phone ramps up the clock speed as needed. As long as you have the slider set to 1.2 it will go up to that when its necessary.

Upvote 0
You don't have SetCPU, so what widget are you using?
AFAIK, the only overclocking app is SetCPU so I'm not quite sure what you're using, and possibly may not be overclocked.

A good alternative for you is BuglessBeast, Pete put in overclocking naturally and you don't have to use SetCPU anymore, or ever in your case. This may likely become the norm in ROMs, but since you can't buy apps I really suggest this.

Upvote 0
You don't have SetCPU, so what widget are you using?
AFAIK, the only overclocking app is SetCPU so I'm not quite sure what you're using, and possibly may not be overclocked.

A good alternative for you is BuglessBeast, Pete put in overclocking naturally and you don't have to use SetCPU anymore, or ever in your case. This may likely become the norm in ROMs, but since you can't buy apps I really suggest this.

If I wanted to install this rom, do I need to rename it to update.zip or just leave it alone? also is there somewhere on the boards with it(i havent looked yet but will) I can't get apps yet, but I will able to.. Just waiting on a new bank card.

Upvote 0
If I wanted to install this rom, do I need to rename it to update.zip or just leave it alone? also is there somewhere on the boards with it(i havent looked yet but will) I can't get apps yet, but I will able to.. Just waiting on a new bank card.

You'll find the link to downloading Bugless Beast V1.1 here:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/85855-rom-bugless-beast-v1-1-a.html

As far as installing this ROM, if you're using SPRecovery, then yes you need to rename it to update.zip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones