• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Is my phone broken?" Funny EVO story!

So I can't ask you guys to chill out because you're ruining a thread, huh...

Well, will remember to PM a moderator, since clearly normal members ain't allowed to say calm down. No offense taken, but instead of trying to bait me turn the topic next time.

Do you think it was really bad enough to "PM a Mod"? If so, I apologize. I made one comment and then was kind of enjoying the "give and take" a little. No harm done! Consider me officially chilled :)

Also, what does "turn the topic" mean?

Upvote 0
you don't have to explain anything to me. i understood the joke. i understood the story. her phone did not win.

Oh good lord, I wish they hadn't moved this out of the Evo forum where I originally posted it. That was the whole point of the last line. And yes, hardware matters - not just carriers. There's this wee thing called a processor, it goes inside the phone and it makes it go SUPERFAST OMG LOL!!1!

We were sitting right next to each other at the time and both had full service bars on our phones, sorry I didn't take a friggin' picture to clarify that for you.

Get your shorts out of a twist, pal.

Upvote 0
It gives a bad stereotyping to Android users, and usually only results in flame wars and name calling.

Not to mention this is an Android forum, not an iPhone forum.

Well i think it's how the individual view it, for me a lot of times folks are just having fun, the big companies take shot at each other all the time.It also goes both ways, their been times folks who change to the iphone or just own one feel the need to come to the Android forum and brag how much better it is.

Upvote 0
And? Just because they're praising it doesn't mean it should be here either

Really? Now you're deciding what should and shouldn't be posted here? :thinking: And here I thought the Admins, Mods and Guides seem have things well in hand.

Look - If you see a post you think is inappropriate, report it. I'm sure it will be looked into. But smugly chiding someone every time they mention the iPhone has grown tiresome IMO.

Upvote 0
Really? Now you're deciding what should and shouldn't be posted here? :thinking: And here I thought the Admins, Mods and Guides seem have things well in hand.

Look - If you see a post you think is inappropriate, report it. I'm sure it will be looked into. But smugly chiding someone every time they mention the iPhone has grown tiresome IMO.

How am I deciding what should and should not be posted here? I'm simply saying that for an Android forum, we sure do a lot of talking about the iPhone in an nonconstructive and poorly handled manner, that usually just ends in flame wars.

I'm not even smug about it. All I say is that the most hardcore of Android fan boys find the need to bash a product they're not forced to own. If you think that's smug, well I feel sorry for you.

Again, this forum has to be one of the worst in finding no need to end bad behavior. The excuses grow tiresome. The mods have things under control, but when your vocal users are poor and rude, it reflects on the forum.

Upvote 0
ok im a total noob to android but not to forums in general. it looks to me like some folks were just trying to have a little light hearted fun and some other folks got way to serious with it. i mean come on. i drive a dodge ram truck. on my truck forum we brag all the time about when we beat a ford or chevy in a race or when we have to pull one out of the mud. its the same concept. we are proud of the capabilities of the products we own and like to share our experiences with like minded individuals. i mean isnt that one of the main reasons forums like this exist in the first place? for people from all different walks of life to share and interact over a common interest? i think some folks need to take a deep breath and learn to loosen up just a little bit.

again this is coming from a noob with like 6 posts so feel free to ignore this and continue going on about your buisness. have a good day! :cool:

Reactions: Musky
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones