• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is ok to clear cache and clear Dalvik cache?

J3RM

Feb 12, 2012
Is it ok to clear both caches whenever you feel like it? Say once a month?

I'm stuck using ViperROM and I hate it. Wish I would have just stay on stock rom.

Issue with booting my phone on and it being stuck on Clockwork Recovery Mod...i have to hold my power button for 10 seconds to boot past this screen.

Well I was interested in clearing them out because I never did it prior to loading the custom ROM (that I remember)

My boot up issue really isnt much more than what I've said.

I.E. If i try to shutdown my phone it doesnt in fact turn off but only for a second then boots back to the Clockwork Recovery Mod screen. Same thing if I try to restart the phone.

The only way to get past the screen is to hold the power button for 10seconds or a little more than release and it will boot into the ViperOneS ROM.

I was referred in another thread I started to download 'Goo Manager' from the Play store and install the OpenRecoveryMod which in fact installs TWRP 2.3.3.3 and should fix my problem.

I have yet to restart or power down my phone to see if the problem is fixed.

I am currently downloading a RUU_Ville_U_ICS_TMOUS.exe to try and just revert back to stock since I see no point in using a custom ROM any longer.

Not sure what I'm even supposed to do with this .exe once its ready besides run it and hope it instructs me what to do.

Upvote 0
Wiping dalvik cache and cache can actually clear up a lot of issues.

That's the first thing I do each time things get wonky.

Your issues sound like they may have been caused by an improper wipe when you flashed the Rom

The ruu is run from your computer with the phone hooked up through USB. It will fully wipe your phone and reinstall the OS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones