1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is ok to clear cache and clear Dalvik cache?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by J3RM, Jan 5, 2013.

1. J3RM

J3RM Newbie

Is it ok to clear both caches whenever you feel like it? Say once a month?

I'm stuck using ViperROM and I hate it. Wish I would have just stay on stock rom.

Issue with booting my phone on and it being stuck on Clockwork Recovery Mod...i have to hold my power button for 10 seconds to boot past this screen.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. J3RM

J3RM Newbie

Well I was interested in clearing them out because I never did it prior to loading the custom ROM (that I remember)

My boot up issue really isnt much more than what I've said.

I.E. If i try to shutdown my phone it doesnt in fact turn off but only for a second then boots back to the Clockwork Recovery Mod screen. Same thing if I try to restart the phone.

The only way to get past the screen is to hold the power button for 10seconds or a little more than release and it will boot into the ViperOneS ROM.

I was referred in another thread I started to download 'Goo Manager' from the Play store and install the OpenRecoveryMod which in fact installs TWRP 2.3.3.3 and should fix my problem.

I have yet to restart or power down my phone to see if the problem is fixed.

I am currently downloading a RUU_Ville_U_ICS_TMOUS.exe to try and just revert back to stock since I see no point in using a custom ROM any longer.

Not sure what I'm even supposed to do with this .exe once its ready besides run it and hope it instructs me what to do.

3. 350n350

350n350 Lurker

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to rooting. What do you you have to do to stay on stock ROM?

4. erik917

erik917 Well-Known Member

you dont have to stay with viper rom. the same thing happened to me but what i did was download an app called goomanager and that app will let you change roms and its very easy. it does everything for you without you having to try to flash a new rom.

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Wiping dalvik cache and cache can actually clear up a lot of issues.

That's the first thing I do each time things get wonky.

Your issues sound like they may have been caused by an improper wipe when you flashed the Rom

The ruu is run from your computer with the phone hooked up through USB. It will fully wipe your phone and reinstall the OS

6. J3RM

J3RM Newbie

Ya goo manager fixed my booting issue! I honestly want to try installing ubuntu on my Ville but I haven't found a tutorial for the Ville yet

7. chong67

chong67 Android Expert

I do this before I install a Cook ROM. And I even do this after install of a Cook ROM.

HTC One S Forum

The HTC One S release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, MSM8290 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews