• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Droid X enough of a reason to go Verizon?

where did it smash them? doesn't it have a 1ghz hummingbird processor? i read in a number of places it wasn't as good as the snapdragon? :eek:

on CPU/GPU speed and all that, what apps are really going to be developed specifically for the use of the higher CPU/GPU is it really just nerdity to have it higher? I notice my EVO fast enough to handle just about anything I throw at it. there are some bugs here and there, but I think that's more OS and app based than anything.

But what's really going to utilize these speeds? it's like proccesors for PCs now. Who the hell needs X or X when you're not even going to use a quarter of X's processor in activities. Unless you're a hardcore gamer? or doing photoshop or music production?

the OS's are being developed toward's the Nexus One's specs no? So i'd think anything above that is pretty much good to go?

true, 3D gaming on the phone, but without good interfacing(multitouch sucks for gaming imho), who the hell cares?:) I think this is the bane of gaming on mobile devices. most games i enjoy are strategy games that dont require an intricate entry method...:eek:

Upvote 0
where did it smash them? doesn't it have a 1ghz hummingbird processor? i read in a number of places it wasn't as good as the snapdragon? :eek:

on CPU/GPU speed and all that, what apps are really going to be developed specifically for the use of the higher CPU/GPU is it really just nerdity to have it higher? I notice my EVO fast enough to handle just about anything I throw at it. there are some bugs here and there, but I think that's more OS and app based than anything.

But what's really going to utilize these speeds? it's like proccesors for PCs now. Who the hell needs X or X when you're not even going to use a quarter of X's processor in activities. Unless you're a hardcore gamer? or doing photoshop or music production?

the OS's are being developed toward's the Nexus One's specs no? So i'd think anything above that is pretty much good to go?

true, 3D gaming on the phone, but without good interfacing(multitouch sucks for gaming imho), who the hell cares?:) I think this is the bane of gaming on mobile devices. most games i enjoy are strategy games that dont require an intricate entry method...:eek:

I love when people like this post. I mean, seriously, I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Upvote 0
I love when people like this post. I mean, seriously, I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

agreed. what a ridiculous laughable post. Do some research in reputable sites.

Ordered the Galaxy S today, btw. :D $50 gift card that IS usable towards phone when it arrives, PLUS an additional $50 gift card after a certain time that the phone stays activated. ( don't remember specifics)

I'm excited to just be able to stop researching phones. My friends and family are sick of my constant nerd speak. (sorry:eek:)

Upvote 0
still off topic from main topic, but i did check out a vid comparing desire i think? and galaxy doing some 3 gaming, and the galaxy did do pretty well:) it does look like a nice phone. just ugly as hell:)

While I don't think it's ugly, I do think the Galaxy looks way to much like an iPhone. Anyone seen it next to one. Look like twins, except one has a Samsung badge on it. This alone is as little disturbing.

Upvote 0
mrmojoz, after doing a side by side comparison a few days ago noticing app load time, both me and my friend with the droid x noticed my EVO being faster than his Droid X at opening apps, opening web pages, smoothness seemed pretty much the same though.

are there true substantial benchmarks on the "Better cpu/GPU" ? or is it slightly differently where in a real world test, it'd be almost indistinguishable? mind you the real world tests above favored the EVO. but also some CPUs/GPUs work better on certain functions than others...

After seeing your posts it is obvious you are clueless about the subject, you are just blindly praising the EVO. I wouldn't consider anything you said to be reliable.

Upvote 0
Hey, all I requested was actual benchmarks and side by side comparisons. Did i receive any, or did i just recieve attacks on me?

I have personally put the droid x and evo next to eachother and compared.

I'm wondering if there are comparisons for the Samsung and others?

I dont think this is a reason to be bashed. If I see real world benchmarks/comparisons, I definitely will agree that the samsung's a better phone:)

Upvote 0
Hey, all I requested was actual benchmarks and side by side comparisons. Did i receive any, or did i just recieve attacks on me?

I have personally put the droid x and evo next to eachother and compared.

I'm wondering if there are comparisons for the Samsung and others?

I dont think this is a reason to be bashed. If I see real world benchmarks/comparisons, I definitely will agree that the samsung's a better phone:)

I'm not trying to bash. I'm not nececarrily even saying the Samsung is the "better" phone. All I'm saying is that every article/ video I've researched indicates hte Hummingbird processor as being significantly faster. And the super amoled makes for a better screen.
I try to leave the bashing to Windows and iOS flames. j/k

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones