• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories is there a protective case for extended battery evo users?

chrisco_kid

Aug 21, 2010
so i got the chinese 3000mah battery setup, then the other day my screen cracked from a drop (oops) now i have a replacement screen on the way and am wanting to prevent this from happening again, so obviously a case would be nice to have, preferably one that has to fold over face protector, like most of the leather ones out there, and a leather case is fine too so long as it will fit my battery back.

You will see a difference with the 3000mah battery in your phone . Trust me I have the Seidio and feel the difference and havent even got through the charge and discharge cycles yet . I can text and facebook like mad and the battery just smiles and goes along with it . As for the screen protector that is a good idea these screens are resistant to scratching but not scratchproof . I have a zag shield covering a scratch I have now . As for a case your best bet is much like what Stanglifemike said . Modifying a current case to fit the extended battery . More than likely its gonna be a rubber case or one of those cases that looks like shiney plastic but is stretchy . You will have to trim the back just enough to keep it on the phone but cut enough so the back will fit in the case . Just remember its better to cut out to little then to cut out too much .

Reactions: star2011
Upvote 0
Anyone know if the Ottterbox fits the extended battery? I just broke my Evo glass. $100 deductible. Ouch.

The lack of case is not a trivial issue. Had i known this drama in advance, I'd have gone with the Epic or any phone with an extended battery AND case. Does anyone have a short term solution? A design for a ghetto case that works? ANything?

Upvote 0
Anyone know if the Ottterbox fits the extended battery? I just broke my Evo glass. $100 deductible. Ouch.

The lack of case is not a trivial issue. Had i known this drama in advance, I'd have gone with the Epic or any phone with an extended battery AND case. Does anyone have a short term solution? A design for a ghetto case that works? ANything?

Otterbox doesn't make a case for the extended battery. What's worse is they have no current plans to do so according to their sales person. The Sprint store employee told me that the extended EVO battery is the most common accessory sold - so why no case?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Best money for my EVO I have ever spent.
This Case rocks, this battery ROCKS ... Dont waste your money trying to shortchange it. Just fork out the funds and reap the benefits.

Seidio Innocase Extended Rugged Hybrid Case & Holster for HTC EVO -Black [Retail Packaging]
Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase Extended Rugged Hybrid Case & Holster for HTC EVO (Black, Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended-Life Battery for HTC EVO 4G (Black)
Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended-Life Battery for HTC EVO 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
Amazon.com: Laza Sprint HTC Evo 4G Extended Battery Silicone Case Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I bought one of the laza silicon cases. I just got it today so we'll see. The reviews are pretty spot on. It fits pretty well (for now). The sides will peel open pretty easily but it doesn't seem to be awful. I'm sure you could put some double stick tape in there or something. The case is very tacky and sticky. I might try washing it with some Dawn or something, but I don't mind the tack as I hardly ever put my phone in jean pockets etc. If I do put it in a pocket its usually in the breast pocket of my shirt. But it DOES fit the extended battery, and its only $15. Yes its a lint magnet, but for $15 meh I don't feel disappointed with the purchase.

Upvote 0
I purchased my 3500 extended battery on ebay from a seller in China for a ridiculous price of under $20.00 and it was the best investment I have ever made to date for my EVO. It took a few weeks due to the Int'l shipping and customs but it was well worth the wait. I also went on Google and keyworded "EVO extended battery covers or holsters" and got a few links to some stores online. They do exist, only maybe perhaps not in assorted colors yet but I did see some standard black and white in both hard plastic and silicone covers. Definitely invest in a protective shield for the face of your phones as well. :):)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones