• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a way to change the call screen?!

dowtie

Oct 28, 2009
I am going crazy here... I've had this thing since it launched and everything is great except I keep hitting buttons with my face during calls! I mute, sometimes end calls, start 3 way calls etc and I have no idea how to prevent it. Is there any way I can make the screen lock during phone calls or change the call screen altogether?

My wife has the same problem with her Droid. The sensor is working as I can make the screen blank out by waving my hand close to the sensor. Maybe an inch or so away. So I would say the sensor is fine. I watched her take a call and it is the way she holds the phone combined with the amount of hair she has that hinders the sensors functionality.

I tried telling her it was light coming from the other side of her head through her ears that was causing the issue but she found little if no humor in that.:eek:

So there must be an app to help with this. It's a little tough to have someone change the way they have been holding a phone all of their life.

Upvote 0
My phone did same. I talked to Motorola support and they told me it was a hardware issue. I did *228 option 1 then 2 and have not had it since. :)

Glad to hear the issue went away, but it's not possible that *228 had anything to do with that. The ONLY thing that does is updates settings in the phone for the VZW network to identify it, like the phone number associated with the phone, and the list of towers for the phone to use. Option 1 does both and option 2 only updates the tower list, which is all that is necessary when your phone number is already programed in.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear the issue went away, but it's not possible that *228 had anything to do with that. The ONLY thing that does is updates settings in the phone for the VZW network to identify it, like the phone number associated with the phone, and the list of towers for the phone to use. Option 1 does both and option 2 only updates the tower list, which is all that is necessary when your phone number is already programed in.

That reminds me I need to do that.

Nice Hex signature - :)

Upvote 0
That reminds me I need to do that.

Nice Hex signature - :)

Thanks... but I hope your comment didn't blow my cover ;)

Another thought for the OP... I do remember I had a couple of times where my cheek was pressing numbers. Then I figured out that if I pulled up the keypad to press prompts, I just needed to re-hide the keypad before I started talking to a live person. But that never happens on a regular call, just when I open the keypad intentionally. Is that anything like what's happening to you?

Upvote 0
Couple of problems I'm facing with this (with my face). When I try to hang up the call, it switches between the phone and black screen fast, and I can't hang up, add another caller, press buttons, etc. Sucks. Expecting my BT via UPS today, so shouldn't be a big issue, but not working as expected.

Secondly, when I try to do a *228, 1, 2, I can't do the 1, 2. It comes up to the following screen and I can't do anything but go "back", which hangs up the call:

activate1.png

activate2.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones