• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a way to get a banner?

Search for "banner" in the Market, and I am sure you will find what you are looking for. There are a few free LED scrolling banners available (Ticker, etc.), or else there are sticky note apps (ColorNote, etc), which allow you to place widgets on your screen as well.
yeah i saw those but dont really like the led banners. just wanted a plain blank text box

Upvote 0
If you're rooted, you can use Pulldown Editor (in the market) to change the Verizon Wireless banner to whatever 16 letters you prefer.

I have read that changing the VW banner will cause you to not be able to download Verizon Wireless customer only apps (i.e Skype, NFL Mobile, etc).

I guess you could change it back before downloading any of them??

Upvote 0
I have read that changing the VW banner will cause you to not be able to download Verizon Wireless customer only apps (i.e Skype, NFL Mobile, etc).

I guess you could change it back before downloading any of them??

I replaced the Verizon Wireless banner with my name some time ago, and I had no problem whatsoever downloading Skype when it became available. So I'm pretty sure what you read isn't correct.

Upvote 0
I replaced the Verizon Wireless banner with my name some time ago, and I had no problem whatsoever downloading Skype when it became available. So I'm pretty sure what you read isn't correct.

It wouldn't be the first time I, or something I have read on the internet, has been wrong. Just thought I would mention it, in case something came up after changing it.

Doesn't that banner only show up when the phone is on the lock screen?

Is this really a problem? It's not like any of their apps are any good.

I guess the NFL Mobile is the greatest thing ever after seeing how enraged some converted Alltel customer were that they couldn't get it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones