• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a way to turn off just the phone radio?

ebc1973

Jul 1, 2010
WITHOUT using airplane mode. I still want to be able to use 3G/4G and send/receive text messages. I know I can select individual entries to send right to voicemail, but that does not work properly. If I use those features, there is a small ring before the voicemail kicks in. This gives the illusion that I am hitting ignore, which in a sense I am. If the phone is off, the voicemail engages immediately, giving the illusion that my phone is off, which is exactly what I want callers to think.

Secondly, and more importantly, I am thinking about getting the Hotspot feature. How annoying it would be if I was downloading a 100+ meg file, only to have it interrupted by a stupid phone call. Unless using hotspot automatically blocks calls, which means my former concern is the only thing that needs to be addressed.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones