• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is there such an app?

thaDroidz

Android Enthusiast
May 1, 2010
texas
I lose my droid alot at home, my living room is dark and with the droid asleep it is totally black and hard to locate without turning lights on.

I am looking for something like "clap on clap off".
Using voice I would think it's possible to program the droid to activate/light up via voice command...

I know of "locate my droid" and all the others but I am looking for a way without having to use a pc or another phone.

not wanting SMS based... I want to say aloud "droid where the hell are you" and it lights up, flashes or even response with it's own smart ass reply.

I don't wanna go log on my pc or send a txt when it's in the same room as me..

I spent 10 minutes the other day looking I found it on the couch 3 feet from me. If it's in a shadow it hard to find..

Upvote 0
I know there has to be a way...

Just like the old "clap on Clap off"...

I don't want to use another pc or phone to locate my droid, when more than likely it's 3 inches from my butt.

A simple app that when a preset spoken phrase is said it lights up and make a droid chant...

ie:
"Droid where are you?"..

"I over here, moron"

:)

Upvote 0
Hey, sorry to be the one to bring bad news, but you really don't want to run a "key finder" type app.

To work, such an app would have to be constantly running, recording audio. Security/privacy concerns should not be an issue -- but battery life will! The moment your phone goes into standby, it can (if not will) use a lot less power; running an app like that would require effectively disabling the screen timeout, such as various book readers and games do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones