• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is this a hard brick?

Graylander

Aug 16, 2010
I am stuck on the *phone- orange triangle exclamation mark-computer * screen.
Is there a specific name for this? I can't find any way to get into download mode, holding down the buttons doesn't work, I've tried many different combinations, and even bought a jig, but not luck. I got into download mode once by holding the volume keys before this happened.

I think this happened when I was messing with Odin and trying to get Cyanogen to work. I was doing something in Odin and I saw no progress bar going, so I uplugged my phone....

My computer recognizes the phone, with Odin open a yellow Com7 comes up, but that's the best I can do.

Any suggestions on where I can go from here?
Would building my own jig be any better than the one from MobileTechVideos?

I am stuck on the *phone- orange triangle exclamation mark-computer * screen.
Is there a specific name for this? I can't find any way to get into download mode, holding down the buttons doesn't work, I've tried many different combinations, and even bought a jig, but not luck. I got into download mode once by holding the volume keys before this happened.

I think this happened when I was messing with Odin and trying to get Cyanogen to work. I was doing something in Odin and I saw no progress bar going, so I uplugged my phone....

My computer recognizes the phone, with Odin open a yellow Com7 comes up, but that's the best I can do.

Any suggestions on where I can go from here?
Would building my own jig be any better than the one from MobileTechVideos?

I was able to recover from this screen using Odin. The phone doesn't necessarily have to be in download mode to do this, as I have recovered from that screen before. Try watching this video: unbrick samsung vibrant galaxy s - YouTube

Also, try taking your SIM card and sdcard out of the phone beforehand.
I hope you can get it to work!

Upvote 0
Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm having a similar issue I can get to the download screen but after that I get a prompt on my computer stating usb not recognized I've tried 5 computers 2 comps 3 laptops all with the same issue. and 3 different usb wires. i've tried searching with no luck any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones