• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this bad?

Zeroel043

Lurker
Jun 11, 2018
I was just playing around with my phone when for some reason I stumbled upon permissions... on the list of apps with permission to my storage, I saw this.... there are about 112 of them and I don't know what these are... captain?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180612-012049_Package installer.jpg
    Screenshot_20180612-012049_Package installer.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 165
First off, the permissions to access storage aren't granted so whatever these are for, it's not doing anything. The only thing I saw in the play store was an app/game (not sure what it was) my a developer from Germany "Mechanical Light". It was called iSwear. Do you have something like that installed?

It's disabled because I disabled it... they were all on when I found them... i tried looking into it and didn't find anything so I came here hoping someone could tell me... is there any way to tell if it's malicious?

Upvote 0
To determine if it's malicious, we first have to know what it is. The symbol on the one icon looks like a little sim card. Is there something from your carrier that is running some sort of persistent app? Is there anything in settings>apps (show all) that looks unusual?

I took a look and nothing seemed suspicious... should I turn them all back on and recheck?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones