• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

byrds8

May 21, 2011
I noticed this morning when I was looking at my battery life it seems that during the night its turning off the mobile network? Is this correct or am I just looking at it cross eyed since I havent had my coffee yet lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-31-05-57-03.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-31-05-57-03.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 65
It simply wasn't using the mobile network as it had no need to connect to it overnight (which I say is correct).

If you have sync enabled overnight, then it'd connect for about 10 seconds and the disconnect - but a 10 second connection every 15 mins or so is too negligable to show.

But you've had your wifi on for almost 24 hours and it's still not dead?!

Lucky for some...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replay. I didnt think about that for the network signal. I could have sworn my Nexus was solid green.

As for the WiFi yeah I just plugged it in with 21% left on the battery at 1d 11hrs and 58min. It was on the entire time other than what you saw above which is when the wife and I went out last night. I think the battery life is amazing in the S3 compared to the Nexus. On screen time was 3 hours 22 min as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones