• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this possible to do?

NewShockerGuy

Dec 17, 2009
I was reading the forum and didn't see anything about this so I figured I'd ask.

I have all my contacts via exchange from my work server. Just sync'ed them up tonight with my hero and it went pretty smoothly... however is there a way now that I can use the hero and sync it over to google?

The only thing that google was doing in the beginning was syncing over the emails addresses... I don't know how to add a people contact with phone number to google...

Just wondering if that is possible or if it's not.

If not what application do you have to download for google via gmail to have a list of contacts with phone numbers and such?

Thanks,
-Nigel

I believe by default when you setup your gmail account on the phone it automatically moves over email, calendar and contacts. I specifically remember the contacts because once I set it up, I had all these contacts that I had not seen in years. Make sure that contacts is selected to sync. To create a contact, it would be quicker to log into gmail and create a contact from there.

Upvote 0
the easiest thing to do would be to create a .csv file of your Exchange/Outlook contacts and import them to your Google account.

There are directions that guide you step by step on how to do it under either Settings or Help in your Google account. It's super painless and takes about 3 minutes.

I did this and spent a lunch hour straighteneing everything up then i turned off my exchange contact sync and just went with the e-mail and calendar. Now all my contacts say Google next to them in my list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones