• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this site FASTER? (Round 1)

I am continually getting a pop-up box asking for:
"The server phandroid.com at phandroid/team/ requires a username and password."

I got that message too all morning. I thought maybe there was some change to it and entered my PW...the popup box popped up again ...and the site never loaded :(

This is the biggest hiccup yet!! >_<

Upvote 0
I didn't get that. All I received today was:

Please excuse the recent troubles in feeding your Android appetite. We've experienced a pretty deadly server outage (probably orchestrated by an iphone fanboy) but are working our butts off to get things running smoothly as quickly as possible.
Your patience is appreciated!

Oh, well that answers a question I just posted in another area.

Upvote 0
I wonder if one of the admins or mods would be willing to tell us what happened this morning? I only wonder because I am curious and I too have had issues like this before with my website. In fact, I cause my entire website (sub-domains and all) to give a 500 server error once because I modified a .htaccess file and accidentally inserted a singe incorrect character. It took me hours to figure out what I did and finally I decided to try changing all of my .htaccess files to .htaccessold and lo and behold, my site came back to life immediately!

I guess we all live and learn, but I just an curious as to what happened today. Mainly because at first it was 404 errors, then 500 internal server errors, and finally (just before the site came back to life) it was asking me to login to a directory (I cannot remember the exact name). So, I wonder if there was a .htaccess file problem or a server problem.

Anyways, if and admin or mod would be willing to tell us what happened this morning, I would be satisfied.

Kratos

Upvote 0

Thank you for that. I didn't even think about going to that forum to find info about what happened. I now have a better understanding of what happened and can only guess that Rob is currently working on making sure that stuff like that won't happen again. Gotta love those nameservers. LOL

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones