• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Tunein radio really closed? Or is it running in the background?

When I click close to tunein radio it still shows the icon on the status bar? But when I go to apps running it does not show up? Is it still running. The tunein radio icon keeps still shows up in the status bar until when I force close it? Also does it being in the status bar use up battery?

Checked it on my phone and tablet, and you are correct, both have the same problem so it's not just you. It looks like the developer forgot something. I'll contact him so he can look into it. Meanwhile, don't worry too much about battery life. There is no indication that the app keeps running.
I use the "System Monitor" app and it shows that Tune-In Radio is not using CPU cycles, so, at least for me (Galaxy Note I on Jellybean), it doesn't seem to be a battery issue. I have much larger power-hogs on my phone, so if it is, it's minor. The bigger problem for me is that it's consuming memory when I haven't used it for weeks and kill it whenever I see it running. I'm running AVX, Tasker, E-Robot and Secure Settings (yes, I want my phone to be like Jarvis in Iron Man), so I could use twice as much RAM as I actually have and I don't want a single kb being sucked up by an app I haven't used in over six months. As much as I like Tune-In, I may have to uninstall it if I can't find a way to make it stop behaving badly. I've considered creating an E-Robot command, but I don't think stopping it would be enough. I'd have to disable it when I'm not actually using it and I can't do that without rooting my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones