• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issues going back to stock rom and upgrading to zve??

hello,usually when i want to return to stock zve unrooted,i just go to LG Manuals, Software & Firmware Updates | LG USA and just follow the steps to install drivers and update tool.some have said that you cant do it rooted,but everytime ive used it i was rooted and after i updated to zve ,i lost root and my phone was like right out the box.now on the open source website,it shows that theres actually a zvg update too,but my phone states im alreadyhave the latest update,so some people was updated to zvg and if im not mistaken,nothing is going on with zvg udate,roms and all.but just follow the lg link and follow the steps and you should be updated,unrooted,and stock,good luck,you nd any help or any questions,just hit me up

Upvote 0
Hav u tried the option button and try recovery update, i tried and it says im up to date to but thsats wen i go to the option, recovery update and it will go threw its stages, warning it will erase everything and put ubk to zve stock, and the whole process can take 10 or so mins up to almost a hour, if u try it let me know if u get past 2:22 on timer n past the second step, ive waited up to 10/15 mins and gave up, just wasnt up to waiting lol

Upvote 0
yea i was getting the same problem,brainz said it could take awhile for it to do its thing but i dnt recall it acting this way before,theres a post up on how to return to zvd stock super easy way,then maybe the updater might work then,i used the return to stock zvd before and posted ,but i dnt recall if i then i used the updater,id hav to go bk n read it,but check it out,might get u sumwhere

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones