• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with KitKat..

1) The first few days after an update, Androif Services goes crazy, eating battery like a starving person. It should settle down.

2) If the problems persist, bring the phone to a Samsung Experience Center (they're located in Best Buy stores) and ask if they can reflash it for you. Sometimes an OTA update doesn't work as expected.

I could flash it myself but thanks for the help any way :)

Upvote 0
1) The first few days after an update, Androif Services goes crazy, eating battery like a starving person. It should settle down.

2) If the problems persist, bring the phone to a Samsung Experience Center (they're located in Best Buy stores) and ask if they can reflash it for you. Sometimes an OTA update doesn't work as expected.

Why is that (Android services going crazy for a few days)?

I just flashed and also just replaced battery with an OEM Samsung (bought from Samsung, not Ebay, so it should be genuine). Getting more juice than in my 2 yr old battery, but still not a markedly huge difference.

Upvote 0
Why is that (Android services going crazy for a few days)?

I just flashed and also just replaced battery with an OEM Samsung (bought from Samsung, not Ebay, so it should be genuine). Getting more juice than in my 2 yr old battery, but still not a markedly huge difference.

Mine will be a year old at the end of August.

Upvote 0
1. The two finger to open all toggles hardly works.
2. Notification tray is slow and jittery when swiping it down.
3. When you swipe down from the top in full screen to have the bar appear and you swipe back up it takes longer to go away than in 4.3...
Finally, the battery life:

imgur: the simple image sharer

I didn't even know that was a thing until I read your comment. Just tried it multiple times and works flawlessly. No factory reset.

Upvote 0
Androidlover, have you tried just holding one finger on the toggle for a few seconds? I don't know if that works in stock Kit Kat, but it might be worth a try.

Nope, nothing, and I can't believe how they made the two finger swipe so bad! You have to be VERY percise with it, you HAVE to make sure both your fingers are on the same part other wise it doesn't work, but what if you're in a hurry? Ugh... Why would they do this?!!?!?

Upvote 0
My bad, I just reread that list and you said to open all the toggles. That's really odd that it would be two fingers. Are you sure there's nothing turned on in the accessibility menu that makes you use two fingers?

In Samsung's touchwiz when you swipe with one finger, you get your notifications and some of your toggles all in one row, and when you swipe with two fingers you get all your toggles, an alternate way to do this is to swipe one finger then tap the button at the top which also shows all your toggles.

What I was trying to say is the two finger swipe isn't as responsive as it was in 4.3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones