• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with SD card - HTC Incredible S

Hello all,

Hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having regarding loading music onto my SD card in my unrooted HTC incredible s.

I have recently been trying to put my music collection onto a 64gb SD (recognized by my device), I use in my incredible. I load the collection on (around 40 Gb) through windows drag and drop and then place into the phone. However the phone will only seem to pick up around 6.80Gb of music when i start it up. Additionally i find when i put the card back into the computer most of the music has been deleted and ends up in the LOST.DIR on the sd card.
I have tried only putting on around 10gb with the same results, i have also tried loading it through HTC sync with no result.
I have also tried th with a 16bg card and the same thing occurs.

Is there a way around this or will the device only recognize a certain amount of music? Is there to much there for the device, or is it some issue with the capabilities of the SD card?

The SD card is exFAT formatted.

Cheers,

Felix

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones