• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issues with swype

MolBasser

Jan 20, 2011
Chico, CA
All,

So, I am rooted with the OTA ROM running right now. No problems until today. Swype posted that they had a new beta. Sweet. Love me some swype, MOAR is better!

So, per instructions, I uninstall the current version of swype, and then run swype installer. I says it needs to update, and so I say fine and update. Then I run swype installer, and it says that it needs to update, I update.

Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

Crap! Now I am stuck with the stupid keypad of android.

Any ideas?

TIA

MolBasser

Actually, I fuxored my phone.

I was a little tipsy and started messing around, and accidentally did a factory reset.

Then I accidentally backed up my apps with Titanium instead of restoring them.

Then I tried to restore them again and Titanium wouldn't run the restore in batch and I didn't feel like hitting "OK" 200 times.

Then I went to bed.

Today, I reinstalled Titanium and tried to back up again and it gave some parse errors and such, but let me run back up individually for each program for about 30 programs and suddenly started the batch job.... ?

At any rate, the phone seems to be ok, but swype installer is still messed up.

I'm probably just going to deal with it for now and do a nandroid restore to my post rooting state and flash a new ROM and start over.

I'm thinking of checking out cm7.

MolBasser

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones