• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with the phone part

knoober

Android Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
You know the one you use to speak to people with your voice :)
I recently bought a used One sv and had dome trouble with a hiss when the person on the other side of the line speaks. It is so terrible that I can't understand them. I did a little reading online.and it seems there is some debate about wether this is a manufacturer defect or not, but from what I can tell I'm not the only one. Here are the pertinent details: only the calling is affected, the other person can hear me fine on their phone but I can't hear them. Media plays perfectly. Internet works fine. Just the damn phone won't work. Also the phone is rooted with s off. I am hoping not to have to send it in to HTC, so I was hoping you guys might know something I don't. Thanks.

Just now reading this. Was this phone given to you with signs that it had previously been rooted and S-Off? Or was it completely locked down and you had to proceed unlocking it, rooting it, and making it S-Off? I ask, because normally that sound problem you are experiencing is due to an improper radio image on your device. Most people experience this when for example they are on 4.1.2 then they flash a Rom which is equivalent to 4.2.2. What happens is when the Rom gets bumped up like that the device is still normally using the same radio which came with 4.1.2 and was not updated along with the Rom that was made by someone.

Such images as the radio can be found inside the firmware.zip of the actual ota and as well as any ruu which is made available. Flashing the proper radio on your device would easily resolve your situation.

Upvote 0
Just now reading this. Was this phone given to you with signs that it had previously been rooted and S-Off? Or was it completely locked down and you had to proceed unlocking it, rooting it, and making it S-Off? I ask, because normally that sound problem you are experiencing is due to an improper radio image on your device. Most people experience this when for example they are on 4.1.2 then they flash a Rom which is equivalent to 4.2.2. What happens is when the Rom gets bumped up like that the device is still normally using the same radio which came with 4.1.2 and was not updated along with the Rom that was made by someone.

Such images as the radio can be found inside the firmware.zip of the actual ota and as well as any ruu which is made available. Flashing the proper radio on your device would easily resolve your situation.
No everything wrong was my doing. :) I rootrd and s offed because i want overclock and some other goodies. Im pretty new andblike to flash stuff just to see if i can (im pretty sure thats why ive had so many phones)
At first i thought it was hardware , but when i tried to return to stock so i coukd return it under warranty i found that my problem wasgone. My first thought was loud volume on tbethe rom being magnified by my own settings (i could almost understand ppl with the volume all the way down ) so i had intended to test this by reflashing and using the volume mod (in the forums by old.splatterhand) and turning it down. Been trying to learn how to make a kernel and pirt roms though. ( but mainly just been trying to find a custom kernel that will work on this device)
Anyways thanks, im sure i will refer back to this when i become more knowledgable

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones