• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues with Wi-Fi Connection & Device Software Updates

I bought my LG-Stylo 3 on May 27, 2018. I was told that it was the best phone and it would do everything I needed to help run my non-profit animal rescue plus more. I really liked the phone & everything was perfect until this month (July). Everything just started going wrong...

- came out of a brand new completely sealed box from manufacture... No phone charger anywhere...
- the keyboard remembers absolutly nothing despite my phone settings & google settings.
- charging port barely holds a charging cord
- contacts disappear
- phone disabled saved Wi-Fi networks
- phone has no software update installed, it won't even allow you to update the software.
- certificates in the Wi-Fi settings aren't instated
- no IP Address in Wi-Fi settings
- won't give a option to connect/ won't allow me to connect to the saved networks.
- won't display my 5g Wi-Fi
Screenshot_2018-07-22-08-00-36.png
Screenshot_2018-07-22-08-00-48.png
Screenshot_2018-07-22-07-00-39.png
Screenshot_2018-07-22-07-58-56.png
Screenshot_2018-07-22-08-01-22.png

ISSUE #1: DISABLED WI-FI NETWORKS...
My LG-Stylo 3 disables my saved Wi-Fi networks. It will only allow a Wi-Fi connection for no longer than a couple minutes (if I'm lucky) then disconnects & disables my saved Wi-Fi networks for my home & work. Below is everything I have done to fix it with no luck...

INTERNET/WI-FI PROVIDER :
I called customer support for my cable company "Spectrum" thinking that maybe the issue was with my Sagecom router (which is brand). After resetting-rebooting, Updating all my equipment & almost 2 hours on the phone troubleshooting... This was not the problem. I was told to call my carrier.

PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER :
I called Cricket Wireless customer support & explained my issue(s) & asked for advice on how to fix it and what to do next. Well the person I spoke with knew absolutely nothing about anything I tried to explain. So I requested for him to transfer me to the actual technical support line. I was told that He was not able to do so, hmmm??? So then I guess he was through "NOT" helping me & suggested that I called the phone manufacture...

PHONE MANUFACTURER :
I called & chatted live with the manufacture of my LG-Stylo 3. Seems like they didn't know anything either. So almost an hour later they suggested that I factory re-set my phone... I really didn't want to wipe my phone clean but I was to the point where I was willing to try everything! Well what do ya know.... That didn't work either!

Oh and my #2 ISSUE : NO SOFTWARE UPDATE...
No one knew anything about that either. Is this really the worse phone ever?? I have never had these issues before.

I don't have my other phone. But even though it is a software defect LG still wants me to pay a $75 deductible. My phone is brand new, less than 6 months old & I paid almost $200 for it. I don't feel I should have to pay anything when they already knew it had the software defect but continued to sell it without fixing the problem.

Sounds like a combination of hardware/software issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones