• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WI-FI Calling feature not showing on my Samsung S20+

rd400f

Lurker
Nov 15, 2011
HI
I just got a brand new Samsung S20+ yesterday and when I try to switch on WI-FI Calling I cannot even see that feature on the phone.

Have done...
Settings
Connections
...cannot even see WI-FI Calling option....

Also tried...

Green phone icon
three dots setting icon
...cannot even see WI-FI Calling option....

Call my provider and they confirmed that WI-FI Calling is enabled for my account.
They even switched it off then back on....still can't see it.

Any ideas ?
Thanks
Richard

Just to clarify, are you sure there isn't a Wi-Fi Calling option showing? It might be buried within several sub-menus. On my OnePlus, the Wi-Fi Calling controls and config options are located in Settings >> Mobile Network >> (tap on my carrier's icon to bring up) SIM info & settings menu. Your Samsung will have a slightly altered menu structure/naming of its own.

Otherwise, try creating a new APN entry, using the APN settings posted on your chosen carrier's web site:
Not knowing just which carrier you're using, it's hard to be more definitive. Just note that the APN setting is just info your phone uses to interact with your carrier's cellular network. There a likely to a handful of other APN entries listed on your phone, with the actively used one being the one in use. Typically the APN entry gets automatically created when you first install a new SIM (or with your phone add in a new account to the eSIM). But sometimes there might be glitch in that process so creating a new APN entry becomes necessary. Go to your carrier's web site, do a search for APN settings, and use their posted settings verbatim. It's important to not add in any spaces or characters, just copy them as is. Hopefully selecting your newly created APN entry and rebooting fixes the problem, but if not you can always just go back to using the previously selected APN.

PDF for the User Manual of your S20+

Upvote 0
Hi
Thanks for all the replies.
Turns out it is the sim card from my provider that is the issue.

When we tried 2 different sim cards from another provider and they both worked and WIFI Calling option was there in the settings menu.

Put my providers sim card back in and the WIFI Calling option goes away.

Off the see my provider today.
Thanks
Richard

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones