• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It says my phone isn't rooted what does that mean?

It means your phone isn't rooted...

Not really sure what kind of response you expect with such minimal detail in your post.

Were you trying to root your device? Do you even know what rooting is?

What is "it" that you refer to, telling you your device isn't rooted? An app? Are you trying to use an app that requires root? What app is it?

I can't really give you any information without anything specific to respond to.

Upvote 0
It means your phone isn't rooted...
Not really sure what kind of response you expect with such minimal detail in your post.
Were you trying to root your device? Do you even know what rooting is?
What is 'it' that you refer to, telling you your device isn't rooted? An app? Are you trying to use an app that requires root? What app is it?
I can't really give you any information without. anything specific to respond to.
Well thanks for your response! I try to get updates for my phone and it is telling me that I can't because my phone isn't rooted..And what exactly does rooted mean?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones