1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

it's a start...Media Dock w/Speakers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xmr405o, May 8, 2010.

1. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

Dec 7, 2009
    I've been waiting for a MultiMedia Dock with speakers for my Droid and saw this product.

I don't think it will automatically activate the Media Dock for our Droids but at least it holds it in place. And it won't charge our phones either. But....It has a kick stand, you can view portrait or landscape mode and the speakers seem to be decent. It's kinda pricey though ($79.99), IMO.

Has anyone seen or used these speakers. It was made for the Iphone but it looks like a pretty good option for Droids too.

iPhone 3G, iPod Touch & Classic Speakers, Portable Speakers For iPod & iPhone - Livespeakr Overview

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Android Enthusiast

Mar 14, 2010
    xmr405o likes this.
  3. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

Dec 7, 2009

4. djkeller3

djkeller3 Android Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2010
    Business Owner
    Lexington, KY
    FYI: You can use any iPod system with an auxiliary jack. All you need is the cable which you can buy at any Walmart for less than $5.

I mention this because a lot of people already have iPod sound systems, and there really is no need to go to the expense of buying another one for your Droid.

Personally, I use my Bose iPod sound system with my Droid, and it sounds great (even though there is no graphic equalizer for the Droid as of yet).

5. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Retired educator
    Full-time traveler
    Is it a cable for the headphone or USB?
    Thanks

6. djkeller3

djkeller3 Android Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2010
    Business Owner
    Lexington, KY
    It's a standard 3mm (I believe) headphone plug on both ends. Just like the headphones you would plug into your Droid - it has two plugs... one goes into the headphones port on your Droid, the other goes into the auxillary port of the system you're plugging into.

I got the one that is retractable and it works great, though with use over time the spring will probably wear out, but at $5, I don't really care. [​IMG]

global2 likes this.
  7. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Retired educator
    Full-time traveler
    Great - buying myself a Mother's Day present today!!

8. Happy mom's day. :D