1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Its official, best battery life of any phone I have owned

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dB Zac, Jul 19, 2010.

1. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Custom car fabricator
    Oroville, CA
    I have had this phone for a little over 4 days now and it is by far the best smart phone on battery life that I have ever owned. Yesterday was the best day yet, I pulled the phone off the charger at 7am yesterday and forgot to put it back on the charger before I crashed out last night. This morn I was woken up to its alarm clock, got ready, headed out to work and the last 20% warning ding'd at 6:45 this morning. My use through out the day consisted of a few short phone calls, the wifi was on all day, I played an hours worth of home run derby, I watched a few you tube videos, surfed a little net, and I have all my accounts synced up to the Motorola widgets (facebook, myspace, yahoo, hotmail, google, and twitter). I also have a live wallpaper running, lots of widgets on my home screens, and I am running the automatic battery profile ( default factory setting). Oh and my phone service is not that great at my house. In the end I my battery never hit the "red" and was a little over 24 hours of battery life before I put it on the charger.

I have read threads about poor battery performance and I cant imagine why my battery performance is so good, and with such a huge screen. With that amount of use, I would only get about 12 hours of battery life from my Droid 1.

Advertisement

2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    :) Mine is also the best I've ever owned.

3. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I also feel the same. I had my phone on yesterday from 9am to 1am so a total of 16 hours without it even going below 50 percent. I was constantly downloading and playing with new apps, browsing this site, texting (ALOT), and even skype calling. My phones battery is very impressive. I was so worried that I might get a faulty battery like some on this forum, but I lucked out apparently.

4. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Yea mine is also amazingly good. I think the majority of poor battery performance is the phone not reading the battery right (should be fixed soon).

5. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    Agreed. Probably 2x the battery life of my Nexus One and Incredible at stock.

6. Mr. Osato

Mr. Osato Member

Jul 9, 2010
    An employee for a notable electronics store.
    Brooklyn!
    I'm a user of blackberries, so I'm used to a day without charging. And i'll prob end up getting the extended battery just so i can not charge it for 2 days or so.

7. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Custom car fabricator
    Oroville, CA
    Ya I hear Motorola is going to come out wit an even better battery, if it fits under the stock cover this would be epic