• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Its official, best battery life of any phone I have owned

dB Zac

Android Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Oroville, CA
I have had this phone for a little over 4 days now and it is by far the best smart phone on battery life that I have ever owned. Yesterday was the best day yet, I pulled the phone off the charger at 7am yesterday and forgot to put it back on the charger before I crashed out last night. This morn I was woken up to its alarm clock, got ready, headed out to work and the last 20% warning ding'd at 6:45 this morning. My use through out the day consisted of a few short phone calls, the wifi was on all day, I played an hours worth of home run derby, I watched a few you tube videos, surfed a little net, and I have all my accounts synced up to the Motorola widgets (facebook, myspace, yahoo, hotmail, google, and twitter). I also have a live wallpaper running, lots of widgets on my home screens, and I am running the automatic battery profile ( default factory setting). Oh and my phone service is not that great at my house. In the end I my battery never hit the "red" and was a little over 24 hours of battery life before I put it on the charger.

I have read threads about poor battery performance and I cant imagine why my battery performance is so good, and with such a huge screen. With that amount of use, I would only get about 12 hours of battery life from my Droid 1.

I also feel the same. I had my phone on yesterday from 9am to 1am so a total of 16 hours without it even going below 50 percent. I was constantly downloading and playing with new apps, browsing this site, texting (ALOT), and even skype calling. My phones battery is very impressive. I was so worried that I might get a faulty battery like some on this forum, but I lucked out apparently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones