• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IT'S ON SALE! Bought one! Anyone else?

and there gone.....wow...they must've had like 5 of them.....good grief

Just refreshed the page and you're right....darn, I must have gotten one of the last ones. Hopefully the order goes through :D

Then I can cancel my Best Buy order....or just give it to someone here once I get it. PM me if you're interested. Best Buy said I would get it between 5/9-5/21

Upvote 0
What a crazy day huh! I called a lot of Best Buy stores all day. The employees were more than nice, they went as far as saying they would hold one for me til end of day if they happened to get their "drop shipment" in.

I was able to order this morning on BB website, estimated delivery date is 5-9. I was able to order, from another site asus transformer, the keyboard dock and Transformer sleeve.

Your welcome for the link ;-)

Reactions: jcmtyler
Upvote 0
Just wanted to add this was the most pathetic launch in history. Asus let retailers, and most importantly, us customers down. None of the retailers I spoke with knew what I was talking about, knew nothing of the Transformer, or why it is uniquely different.

I mostly spoke with BB employees. The only good thing, as I stated earlier, is that everyone I spoke with at BB was super friendly, nice, and willing to check their computers, manager, and back room for inventory. I was surprised on how willing they were to help.

Reactions: LunchBB
Upvote 0
I went to several places yesterday and called a few others and ultimately felt like I was being jipped. The people at the best buy's that I called didn't even know what I was talking about. Staples was one of the carriers from the original list and I went to 2, and both stores told me that they don't even carry Asus as a product line. I went to Target and got the same responses from their employees that I had gotten from the BB employees.

I spent over 2 hours chasing this blasted device down and still ended up empty handed.

What type of foolishness is going over there at Asus?!

Upvote 0
I'm so aggravated by this launch! This was not a launch at all! Nothing more than gauging demand levels before Asus spent a ton of money on inventory.

I work in electronic manufacturing, and before a true launch the manufacturers ramp up inventory and flood the channel with product.

I wouldn't be surprised if Asus had less than 5k in the channel for launch.

Upvote 0
My order from Walmart says it has shipped and should arrive between Friday and Wednesday 5/4. I have the tracking number but it isn't in FedEx's system yet. I didn't pay for next day delivery...I think I just did standard :\ lol

And I still have my order pending on the backorder list from BestBuy.com. I am assuming since I am on the list and no one else can order I will be one of the ones to have mine shipped when they get them in. Since I am getting one from Walmart, if anyone wants to just buy the one from BestBuy off me when I get it let me know through private message and I won't cancel my order.

Upvote 0
Just got an email today from best buy. Mine is expected to arrive at the store on 5/6 now instead of 5/11. Seems like more shipments are starting to come in to the retailers. I figured the email was gonna tell me it had been pushed to June like amazon. Definitely happy now they have shaved a week off the original quote.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones