• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I've been cheating on my Droid

I've had my Incredible since Verizon started shipping them (a day prior to release) and I started playing with my Droid again, mostly to try out BB 1.0. Honestly, I love love love the form factor of the Incredible. I never used my Droid's keyboard so for me it was taking up space. Where the Droid has the advantage is the screen (both res and color density is better on the Droid), the LED notifications (flat out sucks on the Incredible), and build quality (I had no problems worrying about my Droid and it's been through hell). There is of course also the physical keyboard but I don't really like using it on the Droid that much.

Unfortunately, my Droid has the dreaded wifi issue and using it is virtually pointless. I'm kind of torn because there's things I like with both phones and things I don't like just as much. If someone could somehow merge the Droid and the Incredible I'd truly have my perfect phone.

Upvote 0
What dreaded wifi issue?

Wifi connection drops off randomly even though the phone says it's connected. Super long thread here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16191

There are some workarounds of course. The problem is that it's intermittent and the cause is unlikely to be fixed since most of the people posting in that thread are assuming Motorola has moved on to their other planned devices.

Upvote 0
I wrote this in the Droid down thread:

Thats what i was going at. The only thing i like about the inc is faster proc and Sense But im sure UI can boost OC and maybe sense UI. IM leaning towards droid. Hows batterylife with 1.2 ghz ?

I have pretty good battery life. W/ average use, I easily can go all day. If I'm on it consistently then 8 hours is practical. B/c you can underclock the processor while sleeping (w/ the app SetCPU), you can really stretch out your use. Regardless, it's much better than a Inc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones