• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I've decided to wait ... ( kinda)

systemofadown

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2012
Well I was looking at all the current Android Wear offerings a couple weeks back. I love the style & functionality of the G watch R & Moto 360. The Asus Zenwatch, Sony SW3 & Samsung Gear Live were also interesting. Now that some 2nd & 3rd gen offerings are closer at hand I've decided to start small. I purchased an LG G Watch (1st gen) for around $100 to dip my feet into the water. I think it'll be a great test run with a lot to gain & not much to lose. If I find that Wear integrates into my life I'll be ahead of the curve in my book.
I get the LG G watch Friday & am excited to finally try one. :)

Thats whast i was thinking, it still has great specs & support. Plus I live in the country so no one to really show it off to anyway or to make fun of my Dick Tracy watch :p
I got mine on ebay (yep I'm an ebay baby :) ) at $102 shipped new in the box. At that price point I couldn't resist any longer - if anyone else is interested there are always several new & used on the bay right around $100 or less. Just check feedback as some deals can be to good to be true. ;)

Upvote 0
The Post Woman just dropped it off a few minute's ago :)
So far I love its looks & the silicone band isn't bad at all either.
Slug did you pick one up yet?

****Edit****
All updated & giving me notifications.
I really like the mini wear launcher.
I think the G Watch has already worked its magic on me :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Slug did you pick one up yet?

Nope, I went with a SW3. I'm with you on the 'magic' part though... I wouldn't be without my Wear now. The immediate glanceable notifications are indispensable when at work and unable to check my phone to find out if that incoming message is important or not.

Reactions: systemofadown
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones