• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I've had my S6 three days now...

dynomot

Android Expert
Dec 4, 2011
Sheffield U.K
And basically I love it, even TW is acceptable (but I still use Nova prime) one or two minor niggles.

1) photos I take in landscape orientation won't show in landscape in the gallery, they stay as a (right way up) portrait view. Obviously I'm holding the phone in landscape view. So far all the photos I've taken are on Auto and full 16MP resolution.

2) It kills apps aggressively, particularly Chrome. If I tap the home button to do something else the page doesn't return to where I left it, but reloads. Never did this on my Note 3.

3) The odd lag using SwiftKey in Chrome.

4) Apart from that it is just about perfect. It is so well crafted. I'm glad I got the 128GB version.

I can't believe my "manufactured date" though. I know I was waiting over a month to get mine, but what did they do, fly a load over rather than by sea from Vietnam where mine was made? They must have done for 8th May to be correct. See here (and funny I just went to take a screen shot of it and this post was still here ready to continue this time) :
Screenshot_2015-05-19-01-34-31.png

And basically I love it, even TW is acceptable (but I still use Nova prime) one or two minor niggles.

1) photos I take in landscape orientation won't show in landscape in the gallery, they stay as a (right way up) portrait view. Obviously I'm holding the phone in landscape view. So far all the photos I've taken are on Auto and full 16MP resolution.

2) It kills apps aggressively, particularly Chrome. If I tap the home button to do something else the page doesn't return to where I left it, but reloads. Never did this on my Note 3.

3) The odd lag using SwiftKey in Chrome.

4) Apart from that it is just about perfect. It is so well crafted. I'm glad I got the 128GB version.

I can't believe my "manufactured date" though. I know I was waiting over a month to get mine, but what did they do, fly a load over rather than by sea from Vietnam where mine was made? They must have done for 8th May to be correct. See here (and funny I just went to take a screen shot of it and this post was still here ready to continue this time) :
View attachment 87660

I have had my phone for about a week and a half now and I really like it. It's super fast with everything it does, the camera takes amazing pictures and I love all the features.

My only 2 complaints so far are the battery and, what you mentioned above, Internet pages reloading when I leave them using the home key.

The battery life is horrible. It dies quickly even when I'm not using my phone. When I check the smart manager to see what's using the most, usually it will be cell standby.

Upvote 0
I think my battery is OK; it is certainly better than my aging Note 3, but I believe that is the "newness" of my battery compared to the old (and often run entirely flat - not good at all for batteries) Note 3 one.

If it is cell standby that is causing you most battery drain that makes me wonder if you have a poor cell signal, a poor signal is a known battery drainer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones